Welcome to the fifth installment of your breakfast week, where this smoothie will define the ABC of health! (You know what we mean).
Have you ever wondered what a smoothie would taste like encompassing only fruits and veggies?
We know it doesn’t sound as interesting, but believe us you’d forget about everything else once you taste it.
Your day will go insanely well (we hope so!) once you start it with the positivity that ABC smoothie has to offer!
Your 7-Day Plan for Easy Breakfast Smoothies
ABC smoothie helps a great deal in flushing out toxins from all vital organs of the body.
- Apple: Rich in important antioxidants, flavonoids, and dietary fiber.
- Beet: Low in calories and rich in nutrients, including fiber, folate, Vitamin C, and beta-carotene.
- Carrot: Rich in nutrients such as zeaxanthin, lutein, beta and gamma-carotene, vitamins A, B, C, and K, and fiber.
- Cucumber: Provides hydration, relieves pain, and fights inflammation in the body.
- Ginger: Not just helps in relieving nausea and loss of appetite but also motion sickness and pain.
And as always, remember all you got to do is repeat with us: Mix, Freeze, Blend, and Drink!
Ingredients you require:
- Apple (chopped) - 1
- Beetroot (chopped) - 1/2
- Carrot (sliced) - 1
- Cucumber (sliced) - 1/2
- Ginger (sliced) - 1/2 tsp
Instructions to go about it:
Step 1. Add ingredients to the blender
- Chop an apple into pieces and add them to the blender.
- Take half a beet, chopped into pieces, and add it to the apple pieces.
- Add half-sliced cucumber topped by a sliced carrot in the blender.
Step 2. Add ginger and blend
- Add 1/2 tsp sliced ginger to the blender.
- Close the lid and blend the ingredients together.
- Once blended, pour the smoothie into a glass.
Your ABC Smoothie is now ready to be served!
How is the ABC Smoothie good for your health?
- Improves the functioning of the mind by enhancing concentration, thus improving the thinking and recalling abilities.
- Provides spotless and glowing skin by removing blemishes, acne blackheads, acne, or pimples. Vitamin A contains anti-aging properties, whereas beta-carotene in the carrot acts as an antioxidant slowing down the aging of cells.
- Keeps the heart healthy with the help of beta-carotene; potassium helps keep blood pressure in check, while antioxidants and phytonutrients in apples reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and other heart diseases. The high content of carotenoids checks cholesterol.
- Helps in weight loss as the smoothie has a low glycemic index, with apples and carrots providing rich fibers.
- Protects the eyes as vitamin A enhances vision and prevents eyes from getting dry and tired.
- Boosts the immune system by supporting the body's protective mechanism against infections and allergies.
- The smoothie tastes best when it’s chilled. Add chunks of ice after the smoothie is prepared.
- Now that you are near the end of this week-long smoothie chapter, you can make your mornings way easier by preparing the ingredients before-hand and storing them in a zip-lock bag in the freezer. But, before you make the smoothie in the morning, make sure that you de-freeze the ingredients by keeping them outside for a while at normal temperature.
- Blend in the order of fruits first, then greens, and then add water to get the things moving.
- To make the smoothie sweeter, you may even add honey/maple syrup/sugar.
- In case you’re a fan of chocolates, you may even use the chocolate syrup as an add-on.
- You may even try the Strawberry smoothie, which is a delicious way of losing weight.
- If you want a green start to your day, you can go for Green Breakfast smoothie or Green Detox smoothie.
- Smoothies last a day while refrigerated.
- For best digestion, enjoy the smoothie on an empty stomach.