Carolina Coello, APRN
About Carolina Coello
Carolina Coello is a Family Nurse Practitioner currently working in the Chicagoland area. She identifies herself as a lifelong learner, always looking to build upon her reservoir of medical knowledge and add new dimensions to it.
Throughout her nursing career, Carolina has worked in various specialties, including neurology, telemetry, and home health. With over 12 years of nursing experience, Carolina provides culturally competent care to her patients.
She approaches her role with the goal of educating patients in order to provide them with the tools to improve their quality of life.
In a collaborative effort, Carolina recently worked with registered dieticians and other medical experts to venture her counseling services as well as direct patient care for adults grappling with weight management issues.
Standardized nutrition and exercise guidelines directed her efforts to educate and enlighten her patients about speedy yet safe weight loss techniques.
Since weight concerns are often rooted in deeper issues of self-image, Carolina believes in addressing this seemingly sensitive topic in a respectful and holistic way. She partners with her patients to reach their weight goals without compromising on their nutrition and helps them become more comfortable in their skin along the way.
- Nurse Practitioner at Signify Health in Chicago, IL since June 2018
- Nurse Practitioner at Olivera Weight Management in Chicago, IL from June 2017 to May 2018
- Nurse Practitioner at Chinese American Service League in Chicago, IL from April 2017 to September 2017
- Registered Nurse at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, IL from December 2008 to September 2017
- Registered Nurse at Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center in Chicago, IL from March 2007 to November 2008
- Completed Master of Science in Nursing- Family Nurse Practitioner from Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonnais, IL in May 2016.
- Completed Bachelor of Science in Nursing from West Suburban College of Nursing, Oak Park, IL in December 2006 – Named Class Salutatorian.
- Completed Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago, IL in May 2003
- Member of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, September 2016
License and Certification
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certification by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, January 2017
- Registered Nurse License, March 2007
- Advanced Practice Nurse, January 2017