Idalia Walo, Ed. D. LPC
Idalia Walo is a practicing professional counselor, licensed in the State of Illinois, and a member of the American Psychological Association. From the time she completed her Doctorate of Education in Counseling Psychology at the Argosy University in Chicago, she has acquired extensive clinical experience working with a diverse range of clients in private practice settings. Idalia is equally adept at working with individuals and couples and has considerable expertise and knowledge to render counseling services for a wide array of emotional, psychological and mental health difficulties.
Her approach is characterized by an amalgamation of both cognitive behavioral therapy and client-centered counseling, as she believes that both these differing approaches can successfully coexist to provide greater therapeutic opportunities for the patient. It is on account of this flexible approach that Idalia is able to successfully tailor her therapy sessions to meet the individualistic needs of each client.
- Unit Secretary, Evanston Hospital – Evanston, IL
- Mental Health Worker/Intern, Rice Children’s Home – Evanston, IL
- Computer Lab Assistant, Kendall College – Evanston, IL
- Conducted doctorate research as M.D., S.C. Child, Adolescent, and Adult Psychiatry Argosy University, College of Counseling, Psychology and Social Science – Chicago, IL Chicago Illinois. September 2015- December 2017
- Counselor, Mirosław Walo, MD, SC – Skokie, IL individual therapy with clients.
- Office Manager, Skokie, IL Manage medical office.
- Psychological Consultant, The Metropolitan Tribunal of The Archdiocese of Chicago – Chicago, IL
- Mental Health Counselor/Intern, Polish American Association – Chicago, IL
- Office Assistant, South Shore Surgical Center – Chicago, IL
- Doctorate of Education in Counseling Psychology, Argosy University, College of Counseling – Chicago, IL
- A. in Psychology, National Louis University – Chicago, IL
- A. in Human Services, Kendall College – Evanston, IL
Mental Health, Psychology, Bilingual, Counseling