Janet Flora (Cosmetologist)
Janet Flora is an Emmy-Nominated Makeup Artist based in New York City. She is a New York State Licensed Cosmetologist, also a member in Good Standing of I. A. T. S. E. (Local 798 Makeup and Hairstylists) wherein she completed a rigorous three-year apprenticeship under the esteemed tutelage of veteran and prominent makeup artists from the film industry.
Thereafter, Janet went on to teach a course in Makeup for film and TV for New York University’s film department, as well as The School of Visual Arts. This was followed by a fruitful yet demanding association with the motion pictures. Janet served as the makeup department head on several films, regularly working long hours and traveling extensively with the film crew. The time spent away from home was what compelled Janet to create Alluring Images. By taking her services online, she wished to bridge the gap between home and work.
With the birth of this virtual portal, Janet has expanded her playing field to include wardrobe styling, consulting and training services as well. She renders her consulting expertise to both private and corporate clients as well as on-air talent who are often left wanting when it comes to daily hair and makeup services to get them camera ready.
With years of teaching experience in her kitty, Janet has developed a keen eye and hand for instructing budding cosmetologists on how to execute makeup and hair techniques with the finesse and skill of a professional.
She holds a MFA in Creative Writing from The New School 1996 – 1999
- Today Show NBC: Alternate Assistant Makeup Supervisor
- Closing Bell CNBC at the NYSE
- Late Night with David Letterman: Additional Makeup
- Fast Money CNBC: Key Makeup/Hair
- Crier Live Court TV: Hair and Makeup Supervisor for All Shows
- 75 Years CBS Anniversary: Makeup Supervisor
- Day and Date CBS: Emmy Nominee for Outstanding Makeup
- The Jane Whitney Show: Makeup and Hair for Jane Whitney
- Good Morning America Sunday: Key Makeup Artist
- Additional Makeup Artist for Die Sodaten: Lincoln Center Summer Festival
- Handled Swing hair and makeup for Frost Nixon starring Frank Langella and Michael Sheen
- Additional makeup artist for I La Galigo: Lincoln Center Summer Festival
- Makeup Designer for The Boyfriend, a musical directed by Julie Andrews
- Key Makeup Artist for various movies including Mortal Thoughts, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Making Mr. Right, and Gung Ho
- Additional Makeup Artist for Revolutionary Road, Sex in The City (the movie), Law and Order, College Road Trip, and The Producers
- School of Visual Arts, Film Department, NY – Primary teaching areas: makeup, facial hair, cuts, bruises aging, wigs, and period hairstyles
- New York University, Film Department, NY – Primary teaching areas: makeup, facial hair, cuts, bruises, aging, wigs, and period hairstyles
Beauty Writing & Reporting
- Dan’s Papers: features, profiles, and Raving Beauty column 2003-2015 Southampton Press: features, profiles
- Makeup Artist Magazine; features, profiles and Backstage column
- Salon News: features
- Health Magazine: features and Healthy Good Looks column
- Dramatics Magazine: features and instructional makeup
If you want to know more about Janet and the work she does, visit: