Jerry R. Hamm, RN, BSN, MSN, APN, FNP-BC
- Nurse Practitioner – Baptist Memorial Hospital/TeamHealth – December 2014 to Present
- Adjunct Clinical Faculty Bethel University – Paris, TN – May 2013 to Present
- Nurse Practitioner – Millington Family Medicine – Millington, TN – January 2014 to September 2015
- Family Nurse Practitioner – Christian Family Medicine – Ripley, TN – May 2010 to March 2014
- Preceptor for the University of Memphis FNP Program – Memphis, TN – March 2013 to 2014
- Family Nurse Practitioner – Covington Pediatrics – October 2009 to November 2010
- Academic Coach – University of Texas-Arlington – Arlington, TX – May 2010 to June 2010
- Graduate Nurse Practitioner – Covington Pediatrics – August 2009 to October 2009
- Emergency/Critical Care RN – Baptist Memorial Hospital – July 2006 to October 2009
- Adjunct Nursing Instructor – Tennessee Technology Center – Covington, TN – February 2005 to August 2006
- Critical Care RN – Baptist Memorial Hospital – March 2002 to April 2005
- Team Leader RN – Alvarado Medical Center – San Diego, CA- December 2002 to March 2003
- RN Supervisor – Baptist Memorial Hospital – April 2002 to November 2002
- Trauma Intensive Care RN – The Regional Medical Center – Memphis, TN – February 2002 to May 2002
- RN Supervisor – Baptist Memorial Hospital – January 2000 to February 2002
- Staff Nurse RN – Baptist Memorial Hospital – June 1999 to January 2000
About Jerry Hamm
Jerry Hamm has over 20 years of experience as a registered nurse and 10 years of experience as a nurse practitioner. He is Board Certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner. As a registered nurse, he has experience in medical-surgical, pediatric, trauma, critical care. intensive care, and emergency nursing. As a nurse practitioner, he has experience in family, neonatal, pediatric, psychiatric, acute care pediatrics, and emergency medicine.
Currently, Jerry Hamm practices as a nurse practitioner in a rural emergency department in West Tennessee. He also works as a paralegal and legal nurse consultant and assists various law firms in litigations involving the practices of nursing and medicine.
Jerry Hamm lives in West Tennessee where much of his family is located. He enjoys spending time with his puppy, his family, and his friends. Much of his time is spent working and helping others in his community, but, when time permits, he loves to travel. His favorite place to visit is San Diego, California. He is currently studying for the Law School Admission Test and is considering applying to Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law at The University of Memphis in Memphis, Tennessee
Licenses and Certifications
- Jerry Hamm is nationally Board Certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- He is currently licensed in Tennessee as a Registered Nurse and an Advanced Practice Nurse with prescriptive authority.
- He also has competencies and certifications in: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, and Pediatric Life Support.
- As a registered nurse, he held a certification through ANCC as a Certified Emergency Nurse.
- Associate of Applied Science at Dyersburg State Community College in Dyersburg, Tennessee
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing at The University of Tennessee – Martin in Ripley, Tennessee
- Master of Science in Nursing at Mississippi University for Women in Columbus, Mississippi
- Certificate of Paralegal Studies at Blackstone Career Institute- Allentown, PA October 2015
- Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau – Graduate Program at Mississippi University for Women