Karen Lindenmeyer (Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor)
Karen Lindenmeyer, MS, LCPC is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor with over twenty years of experience in a variety of settings within the mental health field. She has worked with all age and population groups, from children to the elderly, and counselled clients in individual as well as group settings to overcome social and emotional problems. She currently works at a residential treatment center for women in the State of Illinois.
Karen has had extensive training in trauma-informed therapy through the Trauma Center at the Justice Resource Center. She is also trained in CISM, a trauma-based crisis intervention training adopted and used by the United Nations. Karen has also honed her training and public speaking skills through attendance at Train the Trainer from the American Association for Training and Development and Speak Up with Confidence seminars. She has done training on various mental health topics for the Salvation Army and other religious and healthcare organizations.
A proven clinician with over fifteen years of experience in providing case management and utilization management services as well as over ten years of experience in counseling individuals and groups to overcome social and emotional problems in a variety of settings. Having demonstrated impressive proficiency in analyzing existing processes and implementing changes to increase efficiency, productivity, and revenues, Karen has consistently proven her mettle as a mentor by guiding and motivating her trainees to rise to the next level.
- Behavioral Health Care Coordinator Illinicare Health Plan – Westmont, IL
- Psychiatric Clinical Specialist Metropolitan Life Insurance Company – Mount Prospect, IL
- Senior Clinician Rush Behavioral Health – Downers Grove, IL
- Case Manager, United Behavioral Health – Schaumburg, IL
- Case Manager/Therapist, Linden Oaks Hospital – Naperville, IL
- Primary Therapist Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center – Lemont, IL
- Care Coordinator, Cigna Healthspring, Oakbrook, IL
- Case Manager, II Molina Healthcare of Illinois, Oakbrook, IL
- Master of Science in Psychology Benedictine University – Lisle, IL
- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts & Studies Northern Illinois University
Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Counseling