Lilieth Occenad, FNP, CRNP
About Lilieth Occenad
Lilieth is a board-certified nurse practitioner who has expertise in family medicine. Over the course of her career, she has assessed, diagnosed and treated a wide cross-section of patients across different age groups, from infants to geriatrics.
Lilieth has extensive background experience in Emergency, Cardiovascular, Gastrointestinal, Pulmonary and Endocrinological Medicine. She has been successful in helping many patients with managing their diabetes, hypertension, and weight with lifestyle changes and administering patient care in different areas of nursing inclusive of emergency room, intensive care unit, telemetry, recovery room, and cardiac unit.
Lilieth has acquired skilled proficiency in performing a whole gamut of procedures, including laceration repairs, joint injections, incision and drainage, splinting, earwax removal, suture removal, skin tag and wart removal among others.
Lilieth’s passion for healthcare is not restricted to medical facilities alone but extends to her goodwill work in the larger community as well. She actively volunteers her services for various missionary programs, traveling to some of the most disadvantaged countries with underequipped medical facilities.
Her passion for helping others reach a healthy lifestyle has been displayed in taking the extra time to educate her patients about their conditions and preventative measures. She connects with her patients on a personal level and cares not only for their physical well-being but their mental and spiritual health as well.
- Family Nurse Practitioner, J. Richard Lilly and Associates, Riverdale, MD
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Bartons Associates, Boston, MA
- Locum Tenens Family Nurse Practitioner at Western Wisconsin Health, Baldwin, WI.
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Winter Gardens Urgent Care, Winter Gardens, FL
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Health Specialists of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Darryl Strawberry Drug and Rehabilitation Facility, St. Cloud, Fl.
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Walgreens Take Care Clinic, Lake Buena Vista, FL
- Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse, Florida Hospital, Apopka, FL
- Registered Nurse in Emergency Room/Charge Nurse, C2 Professionals, Edgewater, MD
- Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse in Emergency Room, Providence Hospital, Washington, D.C
- Registered Nurse/Assistant Nurse Manager, Prince George’s Hospital Center, Cheverly, MD
- Organized Health Fair in community and church
- Coordinator for Medical Mission trip to Jamaica and volunteered on medical mission trips to Haiti, Guyana and Nicaragua.
License and Certification
- Maryland Board of Nursing – Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
- Florida Board of Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner Board Certified
- Wisconsin Board of Nursing – Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
- C Board of Nursing – Pending Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatrics Advanced Life Support
- Trauma Nurse Core Certification
- Port Certification
- Intravenous Therapy Certification
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Pursuing Doctorate of Nursing Practice from Walden University, Minneapolis, MN
- Masters in Nursing-Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner, Walden University, Minneapolis, MN (February 2014)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Northern Caribbean University, Mandeville, Jamaica, W. I. (May 1982)