Sheree Brown, MD
About Dr. Brown
Dr. Sheree Brown is a Chicagoland-based physician with an interest in physiatry, particularly in women’s health and postpartum pelvic floor therapy. She is especially passionate about holistic wellness rooted in nutrition, mental health, exercise, and overall lifestyle management. She loves helping people make intentional decisions, whether big or small, toward achieving their life goals.
The interest to pursue clinical and scholastic endeavors in the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation is what drives Dr. Brown to constantly expand her horizons and build upon her foundation of medical knowledge. Moreover, the zeal to incorporate volunteerism into all aspects of her academic and clinical career is what shines through her professional ethics.
Publications and Presentations
- Contributing Author: Handbook of Multicultural School Psychology: An Interdisciplinary Perspective. Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2017.
- Contributing Author: Amantadine & Cryoablation treatment for Gait Apraxia & Hand Tremor secondary to Paraneoplastic syndrome from Renal Oncocytoma: A case report Association of Academic Physiatrists.
- Presenter: Care and Management of Adolescents in the Emergency Department, Rush Medical College Chicago, IL.
- Resident Physician, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Rush University Medical Center Chicago, IL (July 2017-November 2017)
- Doctor of Medicine, Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL (August 2012-May 2017)
- Bachelors of Science, Majored in Biology [concentration: Neuroscience] Minored in Chemistry and Spanish Cum Laude Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI (August 2008-May 2012)
- Patient Recruiter, Trauma and Pain Study Departments of Emergency Medicine and Behavioral Sciences Rush University Chicago, IL (January 2014-July 2014)
- Pediatric Fellow, Institute for the Study of Child Development, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School New Brunswick, NJ (May 2013-July 2013)
- Peer Reviewer, International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism (June 2013)
- Co-Investigator, Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Department of Biology Andrews University Berrien Springs, MI (August 2010-May 2012)
Honors and Awards
- Honor Society Member, Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society (August 2010-Present)
- Honor Society Member, Alpha Mu Gamma Foreign Languages Honor Society (August 2010-Present)
- Mission Trip Coordinator, Bolingbrook SDA Church – Bolingbrook, IL (May 2016)
- Provided free medical services and healthcare screenings to the people of Guyana for Medical Missionary, Hope for Humanity – Guyana (July 2016)
- Medical Volunteer for Shamrock Shuffle 8K – Chicago, IL (April 2016)
- Treated patients of low socioeconomic standing as a Primary Volunteer for Community Health Clinic Chicago, IL (January 2013-2017)
- Volunteered for the Indian American Medical Association to treat primarily Southern Asian and Middle Eastern patients of low socioeconomic standing in a free clinic – Chicago, IL (August 2012-2014)
- Medical Missionary for Pine Hills SDA Church – Montego Bay, Jamaica (June 2012)
- Member, American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Rosemont, IL (2015-2018)