Steps to Make Delicious Italian Seafood Pasta:
Things you will need:
- 500 grams of spaghetti
- 300 grams of seafood mix (mussels, squids, shrimps)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 300 grams tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Spices (parsley, basil, thyme)
Step 1. Cook the seafood with chopped garlic, onions, and tomatoes
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot add 1 chopped onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Then add the chopped garlic and tomatoes; cook everything together for another 5 minutes.
- Now, add the 300 grams of seafood mixture consisting of mussels, squids and shrimp.
- Add ¼ cup of white wine and mix everything together; cook for another 7 to 8 minutes.
Step 2. Pour tomato juice over the seafood
- Pour around 300 grams of tomato juice over the seafood and cook everything for 5 minutes.
- Then add in the chopped spices - parsley, basil and thyme and cook for 2 more minutes; your spaghetti sauce is ready.
Step 3. Cook the spaghetti
- Boil water in a pan and add 1 teaspoon of salt for flavor. Stir in the pasta and cook for 7 to 9 minutes. Stir it occasionally to keep the spaghetti from sticking together.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, strain and let it cool down a bit.
Pour seafood over cooked spaghetti and enjoy your homemade Italian seafood pasta!
- You can use any seafood you want; shrimps and prawns will be great for this seafood pasta recipe.
- You can substitute the spaghetti pasta with other types of pasta like linguine, fettuccine, rigatoni or penne.
- This seafood paste recipe uses a tomato-based sauce. You can substitute it with a white sauce made using clam chowder, milk and Parmesan cheese. Blend 1 can of clam chowder, 1 cup of milk and ½ cup of grated Parmesan with 2 garlic cloves to get a smooth paste. Instead of adding the chopped tomatoes, add chopped mushrooms and replace the tomato juice with the prepared white sauce.
- You can also add the cooked pasta to the seafood sauce after adding the herbs and cook for 3 to 4 minutes for enhanced flavor.