After the super awesome vanilla delight ice cream, we present you an outrageously easy recipe of banana chocolate chip ice cream. Think about it - a creamy, delicious banana and chocolate chips ice cream, seems unreal, isn’t it? And again, as promised, no fancy machines and no hard-to-find ingredients. Without even using eggs, you can make the creamiest and tastiest ice cream you have ever had.
If you feel guilty about indulging in this forbidden pleasure, we are here to your rescue, because what could possibly be healthier than a fruit - that too BANANA! This ice cream is perfect for every health conscious person with a sweet tooth.
Move over banana muffins and banana bread! After reading this article on banana chocolate chip ice cream with just 2 ingredients, this will forever be your go-to recipe. Buy some ripe bananas, slice them into large pieces, place them in a zipper bag, and keep them in freezer for 4 hours or preferably overnight. You can use these frozen banana chunks to make a creamy and frothy smoothie; this is a surprisingly similar dairy-free alternative to ice cream.
Did you know that 1 medium banana contains about 105 calories, 27 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of fiber, and 1 gram of protein, along with Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and potassium? Don’t worry about fat or cholesterol either! Bananas help prevent asthma, cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and digestive problems.
So, without further ado, here's how you can make this banana chocolate chip ice cream with just 2 ingredients.
Steps to Make Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Things you’ll need:
- Frozen bananas (sliced) - 1 ½
- Chocolate chips - As many as you want
Step 1. Add ingredients to blender
- Take frozen bananas and add the slices to the blender.
- Add chocolate chips.
Step 2. Blend and transfer
- Blend the ingredients.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Store in freezer until it becomes solid.
You can also eat the mixture immediately, but we would suggest you to freeze it for better taste. To convert the mixture to an ice cream, store it in an airtight container in the freezer.
How to customize your banana chocolate chip ice cream
To customize your banana chocolate chip ice cream, you could add other ingredients such as peanut butter, honey, Nutella, or cocoa powder to the mixture. You could even throw in some strawberries in the blender, and mix them well with the banana slices and chocolate chips.
Check out the following pointers for giving new taste and color to your banana choco chip ice cream-
- Add ¼ tsp of vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and 2-3 tbsps of cocoa powder for chocolate banana ice cream.
- To make mint chocolate chip ice cream, add 1/8 tsp of peppermint extract (for every two bananas) and a pinch of salt. You can even add a (small) handful of spinach for color and nutrient boost.
- Add 2 tbsp of coconut butter and crushed Oreos for cookies and cream flavored ice cream.
- Blend in ½ cup of frozen strawberries and ¼ tsp of vanilla extract for your favorite strawberry flavored ice cream.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of pistachio butter and 1/8 tsp of vanilla extract; and sprinkle some crushed pistachios on top.
- You could also add spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, etc.
- This ice cream does not contain any dairy products or sugar. You could add honey or sugar if you have a sweet tooth. You could also add milk cream if you wish for an even creamier ice cream.
- To add richness to your ice cream, stir in some almond butter, peanut butter, or coconut cream. 1 tbsp of these is enough for 1 banana.
- Always use ripe bananas for making ice cream. Bananas should be sweet and soft.
- For making banana ice cream, put sliced bananas in an airtight container and store them in the freezer until they get solid.
- Continue blending banana slices till they become all gooey just like banana mush. Keep scraping the blender in between so that the slices are evenly smoothened out without any chunks.
- After blending the banana slices to creamy soft ice cream texture, blend for a few more seconds to aerate the ice cream.
- You can keep scoops of the ice cream into mini muffin cups and freeze them for better tasting banana chocolate chip ice cream bites.
- Make sure that your blender is strong enough to process the frozen bananas. You could even use food processor, if you have one at home.
- You can make bigger batches by using more bananas.
- People who consume beta blockers should not suddenly increase their intake of bananas.
- If you don’t have time for a healthy breakfast, then try making the banana-almond breakfast smoothie. Healthy and delicious!
- Try the yummy apple banana green smoothie, a perfect post-workout health drink that won’t repel your taste buds.
- If you’re lactose intolerant or follow a vegan lifestyle, then go for almond milk banana smoothie.
- Store bananas in a right way to keep them fresh for a longer period of time.
- Do not throw away the banana peels. Learn 10 ways to use the banana peel for face, teeth, and skin.