Steps To Make Chicken Parmesan
Things you’ll need:
- Chicken breast fillet – 1
- Egg – 1 large
- Grated Parmesan – 2 tablespoons
- All-purpose flour – ½ cup
- Garlic powder –1 tablespoon
- Onion powder – 1 tablespoon
- Salt –½ teaspoon
- Black pepper powder –½ teaspoon
Step 1: Season the chicken breast
- Season the chicken breast with 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon onion powder, and ½ a teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Massage the seasoning over the entire breast piece to spread it evenly.
Step 2: Coat the chicken breast with Parmesan
- Coat the chicken breast with grated Parmesan cheese on both sides side after seasoning it.
- Coat the Parmesan-crusted chicken breast with flour.
- Whisk an egg.
- Dip the flour- and Parmesan-coated chicken breast into the whipped egg; make sure you coat both sides.
- For the final layer, coat the egg-covered chicken breast piece in some breadcrumbs for extra crispiness.
Step 4: Fry the coated chicken breast
- Heat a pan and pour in vegetable oil for frying.
- Add the chicken breast when the oil is hot enough.
- Fry the chicken on both sides until golden brown.
Step 5: Drain the excess oil
- Drain the excess oil using a paper towel.
Serve and enjoy your deep-fried Chicken Parmesan.
- You can use mayonnaise as a dip for the Chicken Parmesan.
- To know if the oil is ready for cooking, dip a wooden chopstick or skewer in the bottom of the pan. If the tip releases a lot of bubbles the oil is ready for frying.
- If you want to cook the Chicken Parmesan without using so much oil, you can drizzle it with some olive oil and then bake it at 300 ᵒF for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- The recipe mentioned above is for instant, deep-fried Chicken Parmesan; however, you can also make a traditional dish by using an oven.
- Season and coat the chicken as described above; for an enhanced flavor you can add around 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice to the marinade and then marinate the chicken for a few hours or overnight.
- Instead of deep-frying the chicken, just sear it in an oiled pan on both sides till it turns a light golden brown.
- Heat the oven to 350ᵒF and grease a baking dish. Arrange the cooked chicken breast in the baking dish and apply a thick layer of spaghetti sauce on top.
- Sprinkle some grated Parmesan and mozzarella cheese and bake it in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Your baked Chicken Parmesan is now ready; you can serve it with some garlic bread and spaghetti.
- For best results place the chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and use a meat tenderizer or rolling pin to pound it to a uniform thickness of ½ inch.
- Alternatively, you can also slice the chicken breast into ½ inch-sized cutlets.
- You can also serve this dish with homemade mustard sauce for extra kick.
- For more cooking hacks, check out how to make Coca-Cola chicken or our instant recipe for sweet and spicy chicken drumsticks.
- Or if are into healthy recipes, give our amazing salmon sandwich a chance.