Steps to Make a Salmon Sandwich:
Things you’ll need:
- Salmon fillet - 60g
- Ciabatta bread - 1
- Mayonnaise - ½ Cup
- Lime juice - ½ tablespoon
- Cucumber - 1 unit
- Native tomatoes - 3 units
- Leaf lettuce - 3 leaves
Step 1. Mince the salmon finely
- Finely mince the salmon into small, edible pieces.
Step 2. Mix the salmon with mayo and lime
- In a small bowl take the minced salmon and add ½ a cup of mayonnaise and ½ a tablespoon of lime juice.
- Mix well to create a rich, creamy salmon filling for the sandwich.
Step 3. Chop cucumber and tomatoes
- Chop the cucumber and tomatoes into fine, circular slices.
Step 4. Slice the bread into half
- Using a bread knife, slowly slice the ciabatta bread in half from one end to the other as shown in the image.
- Spread the creamy salmon mixture uniformly over the lower half of the bread; make sure to cover the ends as well.
Step 5. Fill with greens and tomatoes
- Lay down a layer of fresh lettuce leaves over the salmon-mayonnaise filling.
- Arrange a layer of cucumber slices and then top it up with another layer of tomato slices.
Step 6. Cut the sandwich
- Put on the other half of the bread, you can apply any leftover salmon spread over the top half or just a layer of mayonnaise if you want.
- Cut the sandwich into half.
Serve and Enjoy!
- You can add salt and pepper to the salmon mixture if it’s too bland for you.
- You can use smoked salmon instead of salmon fillet.
- If you’re worried about eating raw salmon, you can add another ½ a tablespoon of lime juice into the salmon, but mix the salmon and lime juice first before adding the mayonnaise.
- You can toast the sandwich in the oven toaster if you want a crispy crust on your bread.
- You can also add some chopped cilantro into the salmon-mayonnaise mixture to add a fresh and herby flavor.
- Or if you are a fan of spicy food, add some chili flakes or red pepper powder to the salmon and mayonnaise for that extra punch.
- Another alternative is to go the Italian way with pickled olives, jalapenos and some Parmesan cheese. You can then sprinkle in a little oregano as well.
- You can also spread a layer of homemade mustard sauce over the filling to perk up your sandwich.
- Another major change that can be made in the recipe is substituting the salmon with smoked or tinned tuna.
- You can also add 3 fried or poached eggs on top of the sandwich for extra creaminess and flavor.