A protein-rich smoothie is a highly effective and easy-to-prepare remedy that will help you meet your weight loss goals. These beverages are usually a blend of fruits, vegetables, and other healthy ingredients. While traditional breakfast items like carbs, meats, and eggs may leave you feeling heavy or bloated, a protein-rich smoothie will reenergize your body.
A number of factors make smoothies the ideal solution if you’re trying to get back in shape. It can be hard to find foods or beverages that appeal to your taste buds and are good for your body as well. This fat-burning smoothie fits the criteria perfectly!
A healthy nutritious breakfast is what you need to keep you going throughout the day. Unfortunately, some people are not really a ‘morning foodie’ and a big breakfast is just not their thing. This is where a protein-rich smoothie comes to the rescue. Start your day with a smoothie that will provide your body with all the protein and nutrients it needs.
By keeping you feeling fuller for a longer time, smoothies also make it easier for you to avoid those between-meal snacks that are one of the main reasons behind unhealthy weight gain.
Here is a delicious, easy-to-follow recipe for a protein-rich, fat-burning smoothie. One serving of this healthy and tasty treat contains 366 calories, 18 g of protein, 16.5 g of fat, 3.5 g of saturated fat, 32 g of sugar, 40 g of carbs, 151 mg of sodium and 3 g of fiber.
Each and every ingredient in this amazing recipe has something to offer.
Bananas are a common ingredient in shakes and smoothies that help people who need to gain weight. But make no mistake! This delicious, healthy and easy-to-store fruit comes with several properties that make it the perfect ingredient for your fat-burning smoothie.
Bananas serve as an instant energy booster and are loaded with nutrients. They have high antioxidants and fiber content that help boost your metabolism and accelerate the digestive process. They contain vitamins, potassium, calcium, iron, folate, magnesium, niacin, and riboflavin. All of these nutrients play a role in keeping you fit and healthy by ensuring proper functioning of the body.
The high potassium content in this super fruit aids in controlling blood pressure levels, keeping the brain alert and regulating your heart rate. Bananas provide natural energy, as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose, and fructose. They also help you avoid overeating by making you feel fuller.
Fat-free or skim milk is popular among people who are following a special diet to lose weight. It contains most of the nutrients found in traditional milk, including protein, phosphorus, calcium, zinc, magnesium, sodium and potassium. One cup of fat-free milk has approximately 8 grams of high-quality, complete protein containing all the essential amino acids vital for growth and development. It is low in calories, cholesterol, and fat.
Fat-free milk comes with various benefits, including the ability to lower your risk of osteoporosis, strengthen your teeth and improve your cholesterol levels. It helps boost the weight loss process and build (and maintain) lean muscle.
Yogurt is immensely popular as an ingredient in smoothies and shakes. If you want to lose or maintain your weight, use a low-fat or fat-free variety.
Yogurt is a rich source of bone-building calcium. It is also rich in protein and contains riboflavin, vitamin B12, and several minerals. Yogurt can help you with digestion and alleviate the symptoms of a cold or the flu, owing to its probiotic content.
Everybody loves peanut butter! Just like it makes your sandwich tastier, peanut butter can turn your protein-rich smoothie into a delightful, enjoyable beverage. It also helps keep your appetite in check by making you feel full for a long time. Peanut butter is rich in protein.
Honey is a great alternative for regular sugar generally used to sweeten food. While granulated sugar contains empty calories that do not benefit you in any way, honey is a good source of nutrients. Other than being a natural sweetener and energizer, it also helps flush toxins out of your system. It will make your protein-rich smoothie tastier and healthier!
Things you’ll need:
- Fat-free milk – ½ cup
- Fat-free plain yogurt – ½ cup
- Peanut butter, creamy, natural & unsalted – 2 tablespoons
- Very ripe banana – ¼
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
Step 1. Put milk, yogurt and banana pieces in a blender
- Put ½ cup each of fat-free milk and fat-free yogurt in the blender.
- Cut ¼ of a very ripe banana into pieces and add them to the blender.
Step 2. Add peanut butter and honey
- Add 2 tablespoons of creamy, natural and unsalted peanut butter.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey.
Step 3. Blend the ingredients until smooth
- Process the ingredients in the blender.
- Serve the smoothie in a tall glass.
- Make sure you process the mixture until all the ingredients have blended well, giving you a smooth consistency. You may not enjoy your protein-rich smoothie the ingredients have not been mixed properly.
- If you want your smoothie to be chilled, add a few ice cubes to the blender while processing the ingredients.
- If you are a vegan, you may use nut milk or coconut water instead of dairy products.
- You may also try new combinations of superfoods for making your protein-rich smoothie.
- It is best to drink your smoothie right away. It will lose its nutrients if stored for more than a couple of hours.
- You can try almond milk smoothie or apple banana green smoothie for alternative healthy beverage options.