Even if you don't have hands-on experience in preparing a smoothie, you will find this recipe easy to make.
Here’s an easy Green Detox Smoothie at your disposal and all you have to do is - Mix, Freeze, Blend, and Drink!
Your 7-Day Plan for Easy Breakfast Smoothies
- Day 1- Banana-Almond Smoothie
- Day 2- Detox Smoothie
- Day 3- Green Smoothie
- Day 4- Strawberry Smoothie
- Day 5- ABC Smoothie
- Day 6- Blueberries Smoothie
- Day 7- Dragon Fruit Smoothie
Yogurt is a great source of potassium, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B2, and B12. Cucumber and apple provide hydration and have beneficial effects against hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease.
Also, dates used in this smoothie act as a good source of energy and fiber. This breakfast smoothie is definitely a complete health package for you!
Ingredients you require:
- Yogurt - ½ cup
- Parsley - a handful
- Cucumber (peeled and chopped) – 1
- Apple (deseeded and chopped) – 1
- Banana (sliced) -1
- Dates (deseeded) - 2
Instructions to make:
Follow these easy steps to prepare your healthy breakfast green detox smoothie.
Step 1. Add ingredients to the blender
- Pour ½ cup yogurt in the blender.
- Add sliced banana pieces to it.
- Put chopped apple slices into the blender.
- Add chopped cucumber as well.
Step 2. Combine rest of the ingredients and blend
- Next, add a handful of parsley.
- Slice the deseeded dates in half and put it in the blender too.
- Close the lid and blend all the ingredients.
- Pour the smoothie in a glass.
The delicious green detox smoothie for cleansing your system is now ready to be gulped!
How is this Green Detox smoothie good for your health?
- Clears toxins from the system - The fiber found in dates and parsley help your colon get rid of toxins and detox your system. The high fiber content in this smoothie also helps to promote bowel movements.
- Helps in weight loss - Since the smoothie has a low glycemic index, it helps in weight loss.
- Increases energy - Vitamin B and magnesium in bananas help in supporting energy metabolism.
- Improves digestion and prevents diarrhea - Both bananas and apples are an integral part of the BRAT diet which is recommended during diarrhea.
- Hydrates - This smoothie contains cucumber, which helps to keep the body well hydrated too.
- Helps your heart - Potassium present in bananas helps muscles to contract and nerve cells to respond. It helps maintain healthy heart rhythm and reduces the effect of sodium on blood pressure.
- The smoothie tastes best when it’s chilled. Add chunks of ice after the smoothie is prepared, keeping in mind the texture and consistency you want. Too much ice may turn the smoothie watery.
- If the smoothie ingredients are frozen, you should take them out of the freezer for a while to defrost and come up to a normal temperature.
- You can replace yogurt with coconut milk if you wish.
- You can change the proportion of added vegetables and fruits according to your taste or needs (60% fruit & 40% greens or 70% fruit & 30% greens).
- You may also replace cucumber with carrot according to your taste.
- To make the smoothie sweeter, you may even add honey or maple syrup.
- In case you have missed out on our Banana Smoothie, gather up your ingredients, and get going.
- If you are a fan of chocolate, you can also try our banana almond smoothie with chocolate spread and vanilla extract.