Apart from serving as an essential element in Asian diets, rice has long been used by Asian women in their beauty regimens. You can use ground rice flour to make a highly effective mask to lighten your skin.
Rice water is full of vitamins and minerals that are wonderful for both hair and skin; something women in Asian cultures have known for centuries.
Traditionally, female rice farmers in China, Japan, and other southeast Asian countries used to bathe and wash in the water used for cleaning rice
Rice water is one of the simplest and most affordable DIY beauty products that you can use for beautiful skin and hair.
Having gained attention online, this alternative beauty remedy is now popular across the world.
Many people find rice water to be beneficial hair treatment. Historical examples and anecdotal evidence suggest rice water may improve the strength, texture, and growth of hair.
Most scientific evidence about the treatment is inconclusive, so more research is needed to prove the benefits of using rice water.
While its benefits for hair remain unproven, using a rice water hair rinse is safe to try at home and may also be used on the skin. It has been found to promote skin health in people with dermatitis.
Rice contains good quantities of vitamins B, C and E. It also contains water-soluble minerals, such as inositol, which helps repair skin damage, and ferulic acid, which acts as a powerful antioxidant and contributes to keeping your skin and hair healthy.
Fermented rice water is especially good for your hair. Its pH level is similar to that of your scalp, and as a result, using fermented rice water on your hair and scalp stimulates the secretion of a chemical called pitera, which in turn helps promote the growth and regeneration of cells.
- Methods to Make Rice Water at Home
- Method 1: Cooked Rice Water
- Method 2: Uncooked Rice Water
- Tips You Should Keep in Mind
Methods to Make Rice Water at Home
Here are two extremely simple methods for making rice water – the first involves cooking the rice, while the second is even easier since it’s made with uncooked rice.
Method 1: Cooked Rice Water
The next time you cook rice, don’t throw away the water. Instead, you can drain and store it for future use.
Diluted solutions of this almost milky-white water can be used to effectively soothe irritated skin and tame frizzy hair. Rice is a truly versatile grain as you can also use it to make a warm compress to relieve back pain.
Step 1. Rinse the rice to remove any impurities
- Put 1 cup of organic white or jasmine rice in a large strainer.
- Rinse it with water to remove any impurities.
Step 2. Cook the rice in an uncovered pan with 3 cups of water
- Transfer the rinsed rice into a pan.
- Pour about 3 cups of water into the pan as well.
- Turn on the heat and let the rice cook. You don’t have to cook the rice completely. Just bring it to a boil once on high heat.
- Strain the water into a container.
Step 3. Store the rice water in an airtight container
- Let the rice water cool down.
- Pour it into an airtight jar. This concentrated rice water can be stored in your refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Dilute 1 to 2 tablespoons of the concentrated rice water with 1 cup of water and use the slightly milky solution for better skin and hair.
Method 2: Uncooked Rice Water
This is an even simpler method for making rice water. You don’t even have to cook the rice.
Just soak uncooked rice in some water for the specified time. This allows the water to absorb all the nutrients and minerals from the rice, leaving you with a solution that can be used to obtain shiny hair and tighten skin pores.
Step 1. Rinse 1 cup of rice to effectively remove any dirt or impurities
- Put 1 cup of organic white or jasmine rice in a strainer.
- Rinse it thoroughly to get rid of any dirt or impurities.
- Transfer the rinsed rice into a large glass bowl.
Step 2. Soak it in freshwater and stir
- Pour 2 cups of freshwater into the bowl of rice.
- Let the rice soak for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Stir it until the water turns milky or cloudy. Stirring helps the nutrients and minerals from the rice get absorbed into the water.
Step 3. Strain and store
- Strain the rice water into a bowl or a beaker.
- Transfer it to an airtight container. You can store this rice water in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Use this rice water for your skin or hair, or you can also let it ferment for greater benefits.
Tips You Should Keep in Mind
- Always rinse the rice thoroughly before using it to make rice water, as any remaining impurities can taint the purity and effectiveness of your rice water.
- You can use rice water to control acne and reduce redness in case of outbreaks. Rice water has anti-inflammatory properties and can be used as an astringent.
- Always dilute rice water before applying it to your hair; otherwise, it may clump together in your hair.
Summary of How to Make Rice Water
Download this infographic.
I appreciate the remedies are very helpful and would like more especially on how to get rid of veriscose veins.Thankyou so much
hey maureen, i came across this, https://www.fabhow.com/get-rid-of-varicose-veins-without-surgery.html
Might be helpful for you.
Highly appreciate going to put in practice?