Facial mists are usually assumed as exorbitantly expensive bottles of scented water. However, they actually do a lot of wonders to your skin. A quick spritz of facial mist can bring a whiff of freshness to your face, keeping it hydrated and vibrant.
Facial mists are beneficial against dryness. They revive and add moisture to your tired, dull skin and help set your makeup.
With all that they do, facial mists are versatile beauty products which must be integrated into your skincare regimen. Aside from the enormous range of facial mists available on the market, you can also choose to replicate the formula using some simple and affordable ingredients available in your home.
Rose Water Facial Mist Recipe
Here is a simple facial mist recipe you can try at home with natural ingredients.
Things you’ll need:
- Rose water - 2 tablespoons
- Distilled water - 1 tablespoon
- Witch hazel - 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable glycerin - 1 tablespoon
- Pure vitamin E oil - 1 capsule
- Ylang-ylang essential oil - 2 drops
Step 1. Mix the liquids
- In a mixing jar, pour 2 tablespoons of rose water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of distilled water to the rose water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of witch hazel.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin.
Step 2. Top it off with vitamin E and shake
- Break open the vitamin E capsule and pour the content into the mixture.
- Add about 2 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil. If you don’t have essential oil, you may proceed without it.
- Pour the face mist into a sterile spray bottle. Shake it well to mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Add a cute tag or ribbon to your spray bottle.
How to Apply the Facial Mist
Close your eyes, purse your lips, and spray the mist evenly on your face. However, do not go overboard with the spraying. Apply just enough so that it gets adequately absorbed in your skin.
Ingredients Used in This Facial Mist
This homemade facial mist is beaming with the goodness of the all-natural and toxin-free ingredients.
Rose water is endowed with anti-inflammatory properties and can help reduce redness and irritation. It can also act as a buffer and stabilize the pH balance of the skin. Prepared from rose petals, rose water not only smells amazing but also retains moisture and keeps the skin hydrated. What’s best is that all these benefits come at a surprisingly low cost.
Another ingredient is witch hazel, a natural astringent that can help shrink the pore size and reduce the secretion of sebum. This action of witch hazel can help keep your skin oil-free.
Vegetable glycerin is a versatile product that can be used multifariously for cosmetic applications. It works as a humectant and helps keep your skin soft, supple, and moisturized for long time periods.
Moreover, vegetable glycerin is procured from plant oils and is 100% organic and chemical-free. It is an outstanding option for those with sensitive skin as it helps seal moisture in the skin, fight dryness, and prevent wrinkles and fine lines.
Vitamin E is replete with natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help you steer clear from skin and hair problems. This vitamin can help fight free radical damage and keep your skin cells healthy, boost the production of collagen, and retain the elasticity of the skin.
Owing to these properties, vitamin E is being abundantly incorporated into several creams, lotions, and moisturizers. However, to reap its maximum benefits, use vitamin E capsules that contain good-quality vitamin E oil in concentrated form.
Ylang-ylang essential oil is a therapeutic oil that helps improve the secretion of oil from the sebaceous glands and also provide comfort from irritation and redness.
So, go ahead and spray on this mist, again and again, to keep your facial skin hydrated and revitalized.
- Use 100% pure vegetable glycerin.
- Make sure to use 100% organic rose water.
- You can also prepare your own rose water for this purpose.
- Increase the quantity of the ingredients in the same ratio to prepare a larger batch.
- Do not use this mist if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- It is recommended to apply the mist after washing your face, to allow the penetration of the mist into your facial skin cells.
- Store the mist in a sterile, airtight bottle.
- Keep the mist in a cool dark place to preserve its potency and prolong its shelf life.
- Shake the bottle before use.