It is amazing how you can use your creativity when cooking. You can use the same ingredients that you are used to cooking with and create different dishes. This recipe will teach you a new way to make eggs with ham. Just give it a try and you will fall in love with this dish.
The ingredients mentioned are enough to make 3 ham and egg cups. Here, we show you how to make one perfect ham and egg cup.
Things you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped tomato
- 3 ham slices
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
Steps to Make a Ham Cup
- Preheat oven to350°F.
- Take the chopped onion, bell pepper and tomato in a mixing bowl.
- Crack 2 eggs into the bowl and add a pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir well to combine all the ingredients together.
- Take a muffin cup and grease its bottom and sides with a little bit of olive oil. Place one slice of ham inside the muffin cup.
- Pour around 2 tablespoons of the egg mixture into the muffin cup.
- Place the muffin cups in the preheated oven and let it bake for about 15 minutes. Then remove it from the oven and scoop out the cooked ham cups with a spoon.
- You can sprinkle some grated Parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top of the ham and egg cheese cup. If you want to make it extra cheesy, add some cheese at the bottom of the ham cup before adding the egg mixture.
- You can also add some chopped cilantro to the egg mixture for a hint of freshness.
- You can also serve these ham cups with garlic bread and hash browns.
- Instead of beating the egg, you can also break it straight into the ham cup and get a beautifully baked egg with a runny yolk. Just sprinkle some sliced spring onions and grated cheddar cheese on top.
- You can also add ground sausage meat to egg filling and mix well to take things up a notch.
- If you love eggs but are clueless about how to cook them, then you can learn various hacks to cook poached eggs, scrambled eggs, perfect sunny-side-up fried eggs, and mouth-watering deviled eggs as well.