Social media feeds send you story after story about the latest crazy fads. Some recommend drinking clay, while others report how celebrities like Mariah Carey are going on a purple diet and supposedly only eating purple-colored foods like red cabbage, eggplants, grapes, and plums.
Following these trends without proper research and guidance is not only foolish but can also prove to be hazardous to your health. These fads are hardly ever backed by scientific research.
Having said that, we have a new health recommendation for you. We’ve done the research and will explain in detail how and why to try this one out. Here, we will show you how to make a DIY sole with Himalayan salt and how to use it for maximum health benefits.
Sole refers to a concentrated solution of water and salt, wherein the water has absorbed as much salt as possible in accordance with the laws of chemistry and becomes fully saturated. We’re making our sole using Himalayan pink salt that is extracted from deep mines of pink salt formed from the prehistoric sea beds that dried up when the Himalayan range was formed.
Today, this natural salt is mined in the Salt Range in Pakistan. It is extracted from subterranean mines that exhibit a range of stunning white, red and salmon pink shades. In fact, if you ever travel to Pakistan, we recommend that you visit these underground man-made caves for a once in a lifetime experience.
As far as health benefits are concerned, due to their ancient origins and the fact that these salt deposits laid deep beneath the earth’s surface undiscovered for years, these natural deposits have remained pure and uncontaminated by environmental pollution.
Himalayan pink salt or crystal salt has potent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s also more nutritious than regular table salt that is refined and stripped of its trace minerals, which is why you should incorporate this natural salt into your daily regimen.
This natural salt contains more than 84 trace minerals, including potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Himalayan salt sole offers the following health benefits:
- Detoxifies your system naturally and helps it rehydrate and maintain the required water level.
- Minerals and nutrients in sole recharge your body salts and boost your metabolism and energy levels naturally. This also helps with weight loss.
- Eliminates bad bacteria from the gastrointestinal tract and improves digestion.
- Balances the body’s alkaline levels naturally.
- Regulates cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Reduces muscle cramps and boosts bone health.
- Balances the minerals and nutrients in the body and bloodstream, thereby preventing conditions like varicose veins.
- Remineralizes and nourishes the body, boosting hair, nail and skin health.
Steps to Make Himalayan Salt Sole
Step 1. Combine the Himalayan salt and water in a mason jar
- Fill up to ⅓ of a mason jar with unrefined Himalayan salt.
- Pour in filtered water, leaving just about a 2-inch gap from the top of the jar.
- Screw on the non-metal lid and shake it well.
Step 2. Leave it for 24 hours and check the jar
- Leave the jar in a cool, dark and dry place for at least 24 hours.
- After the designated time is over, check the solution. You should have a thick layer of salt at the bottom of the jar.
- If, however, you find that all the salt has dissolved, keep adding more salt crystals until the water is unable to absorb any more and a few crystals settle at the bottom.
Step 3. Dilute the sole & drink the prepared solution
- Your Himalayan salt sole is now ready.
- Use a plastic or wooden measuring spoon to take ½ teaspoon of the sole and mix it into a glass of filtered water.
Drink it daily in the morning to detoxify and replenish your body naturally.
You should use the top two-thirds of the jar for internal purposes. The bottom one-third will be extremely salty and is most suitable for external use, such as foot soaks and detoxifying baths.
- Never dip a metal spoon into your sole, as the metal will de-ionize the salt. Instead, use a wooden or plastic spoon anytime that you need to get some sole from the jar.
- It’s best if you take the sole in the morning on an empty stomach to boost its efficacy.
- While you can store your sole indefinitely, as it will never go bad, keep checking it to ensure that there is excess salt at the bottom. Which means that the water is still fully saturated with salt.
- Another crucial step you can take to ensure the purity of your solution is to sterilize the glass mason jar properly.
- Himalayan pink salt can also be used to purify air naturally. All you need to do is buy a lamp made from Himalayan pink salt. The lamp attracts the water molecules from the surrounding environment and, along with it, the suspended particles in the air, such as dirt, pollutants and other impurities. As the lamp heats up, the water molecules evaporate, but the particles remain embedded in the salt.
- While Himalayan sea salt contains more minerals than common salt, it does have lower iodine content. In order to maintain a healthy level of iodine in your system, do not eliminate table salt entirely from your diet. That is why we recommend that you drink ½ teaspoon of Himalayan sole in the morning to avail its benefits and continue to use regular salt for at least one meal daily.
- When using Himalayan salt sole for internal or external benefits, remember the golden rule – everything is good in moderation.