Be it cheesecake, brownies, cookies or ice cream, dessert is usually the favorite course of any meal. However, the best dessert is one that includes the sweetness of fresh fruits, the crunchiness of sweet cookie biscuits and the smoothness of whipped cream.
Fruits like strawberries, kiwi, pomegranate and green apples go well in this simple dessert recipe. These fruits have their own distinctive flavors and are full of healthy nutrients. They are readily available in the market, and both children and adults love their taste.
Plus, you do not need any special culinary skill to make this dessert. With just some basic cutting, chopping and whisking, this mouthwatering, creamy dessert will be ready in less than 15 minutes.
- Steps to Make Strawberry and Kiwi Creamy Dessert
- Things you’ll need:
- Step 1. Whip cream
- Step 2. Make kiwi puree
- Step 3. Make strawberry puree
- Step 4. Break biscuits into pieces
- Step 5. Prepare a biscuit and cream layer
- Step 6. Add strawberry and cream layer
- Step 7. Add kiwi and cream layer
- Step 8. Add a layer of green apple pieces
- Step 9. Add a layer of strawberry puree and cream
- Step 10. Garnish with pomegranate arils
- Additional Tips:
Steps to Make Strawberry and Kiwi Creamy Dessert
Things you’ll need:
- Strawberries – 4 or 5
- Kiwi – 1
- Green apple – ½ of an apple
- Pomegranate – 2 tablespoons of arils
- Powdered sugar – ½ cup
- Heavy cream – 1 cup
- Sweet cookie biscuits – 4 or 5
Step 1. Whip cream
- Pour 1 cup of heavy cream into a large bowl
- Add ½ cup of powdered sugar.
- Whisk it thoroughly until it has a smooth consistency.
Set it aside for the time being. You can adjust the cream-to-sugar ratio depending upon your preference.
Step 2. Make kiwi puree
- Peel the skin off 1 kiwi.
- Cut it into small pieces and mash them into a puree.
You can use more than 1 kiwi, if you like.
Step 3. Make strawberry puree
- Cut the tops off 4 or 5 strawberries, put them in a bowl.
- Mash them into a puree.
If the strawberries are not very sweet, add a spoonful of powdered sugar to the puree and mix it in thoroughly.
Step 4. Break biscuits into pieces
Break up 4 or 5 crunchy, sweet cookie biscuits into small pieces.
Step 5. Prepare a biscuit and cream layer
Begin layering the ingredients in a tall, clear wine glass. The presentation of this dessert resembles the classic parfait.
- Put the crushed biscuits on the bottom and then put a layer of whipped cream.
While the biscuits will add crunch to the whole recipe, the cream will surely enhance the taste.
Step 6. Add strawberry and cream layer
New, follow the creamy layer with a thick layer of strawberry puree, then another layer of whipped cream.
Step 7. Add kiwi and cream layer
Now add a thick layer of kiwi puree, and then cover that with another layer of whipped cream.
Step 8. Add a layer of green apple pieces
- Cut ½ of a green apple into small pieces.
- Put a layer of the chopped apples on top of the last layer of whipped cream.
As apples have a tendency to turn brown after cutting, it is important to cut them just before adding them to your dessert.
Step 9. Add a layer of strawberry puree and cream
Cover the chopped apples with a thick layer of strawberry puree and add the final layer of whipped cream.
Step 10. Garnish with pomegranate arils
Finally, sprinkle some pomegranate arils over the last layer of whipped cream as a finishing touch and your dessert is ready to eat.
You can chill the dessert in the refrigerator for up to 30 minutes before serving.
- You can puree the strawberries and kiwi separately in a blender. Strawberry and kiwi goes amazingly well together.
- You can replace the kiwi with mango if you like.
- Use heavy cream only for best results.
- You can also add chopped nuts to the whipped cream to add a nutty flavor.
- You can even garnish with shredded coconut and mint sprigs.