As controversial and as debatable as the topic gets, rains are excessively loved by some people, while others completely dislike even the idea of it.
Rains mean romance yet they stand for mess. Rains come with their own share of joy yet pensiveness, their share of magic yet thunder, an atmosphere that is sweet yet sour, quiet yet noisy.
If you think about it - “Pluviophile” is a person who loves rain and finds peace of mind in it, while “Rain, rain, go away” isn’t a joke either!
Here we are going all contrast with 9 reasons why people love rains, followed by 9 reasons why people hate it!
- # Reasons why people absolutely love rains
- 1. The showers refresh your mood!
- 2. Your vehicle is rinsed and your garden is watered - Nature has helped you out!
- 3. You enjoy cooking and eating during the rains
- 4. Oh, the beautiful smell of rain - incomparable!
- 5. Creativity rises to its peak
- 6. You get to cuddle up in bed all day, in cozy clothes!
- 7. The pleasure of just watching the rain fall, and otherwise getting soaked and enjoying it
- 8. The beautiful rainbow adds color to your life
- 9. Getting to wear stylish raincoats and use chic umbrellas!
- # Reasons why people absolutely hate rains
- 1. Dancing in the rain is impractical and dangerous
- 2. An umbrella can only do so much
- 3. Where is the romance?
- 4. Electricity cannot cooperate
- 5. You get all dirty (from the mud, of course!)
- 6. You look like a drowned, horrendous mess
- 7. Carrying the rain gears!
- 8. Stuck at home all day
- 9. Monsoon is a hectic business
# Reasons why people absolutely love rains
How comforting it is to have a warm cup of tea, read your favorite book, or listen to soothing music while you quietly watch the rain embrace the sorrows of the past and at the same time pour bliss softly and slowly, drop by drop.
1. The showers refresh your mood!
They do, they so do! Rain, as with water, is cleansing. Rains carry with them this magical charm, the freshness of water, the positive vibes that automatically refresh your mood. Although it may seem to some as gloomy, rain is refreshing and peaceful to many.
2. Your vehicle is rinsed and your garden is watered - Nature has helped you out!
It is so satisfying to know that (thanks to the monsoon) you wouldn’t have to wash your car this weekend, neither would you have to water your plants that day, all thanks to the monsoon. A blessing for all lazy people out there!
3. You enjoy cooking and eating during the rains
There is nothing like cooking and devouring a great meal during monsoons. Learn to make something new. Search online for new twists to some of your recipes and try it and you will do it with perfection because, well, you have a magical realm surrounding the earth!
4. Oh, the beautiful smell of rain - incomparable!
Absolutely incomparable is the fragrance that rains bring along with themselves - overwhelming is the word! This is a great time to sleep with a window cracked so that you can hear the soothing sound of the rain as you sleep. This is also very relaxing and a great way to let go of a little stress.
5. Creativity rises to its peak
It is no wonder that all writers, singers, composers, and artists find the monsoon season the most creative because they get innovative and fresh ideas while their brain is rejuvenated.
6. You get to cuddle up in bed all day, in cozy clothes!
Resting in your cozy clothing, lazy-ing and snuggling in your bed - what else do you need from life? Take advantage of this time to rejuvenate your mind and body.
7. The pleasure of just watching the rain fall, and otherwise getting soaked and enjoying it
Some people just sit on their window panes, patios and watch the rain. Many love watching the showers along with their cup of coffee and a book, while a few others even love to dance or play in the rain and get drenched.
8. The beautiful rainbow adds color to your life
Let’s just say that the rainbow brightens the gloomy, cloudy days by adding color to them, and to our lives as well. Rainbows are also symbols of hope and new beginnings.
9. Getting to wear stylish raincoats and use chic umbrellas!
You get to show off your style statement by carrying a funky and chic raincoat and umbrella.
# Reasons why people absolutely hate rains
Rain, rain go away!
1. Dancing in the rain is impractical and dangerous
Yes, we don’t know how some people don’t see the risks of dancing and playing in the rain. The rain isn’t pure as it was many years ago. It carries chemicals, pollutants, and toxins that are out in the atmosphere now. Also, there can be infections and diseases that you may catch outside. There is also a high possibility that you could fall and hurt yourself!
2. An umbrella can only do so much
While it rains “cats and dogs” on you, no umbrella can save you completely from the disastrous down-pouring! You will anyway reach your destination being partially wet, with your footwear wet and dirty.
3. Where is the romance?
Rainy seasons are supposed to be so romantic but how do you indulge into anything with filthy wet clothes and sweaty bodies? *ugh*
4. Electricity cannot cooperate
This inconvenience affects us greatly in a variety of our daily functions at work and home.
5. You get all dirty (from the mud, of course!)
You jump into puddles, because unavoidable stuff, and then have permanent muddy track marks.
6. You look like a drowned, horrendous mess
Oh, and the unmanageable and messy hair! You have our full sympathies. No one really wants wet hair and clothes.
7. Carrying the rain gears!
Besides the futility and wastage of time in struggling with the opening and closing of umbrellas, you’d have to carry along the raincoats and umbrellas everywhere with you, thanks to the unpredictable rains!
8. Stuck at home all day
Rains also bring with them the condition of getting people stuck at their places, while it showers as heavily as ever.
9. Monsoon is a hectic business
Irritating wet umbrellas, itchy drenched footwear, messy stinking wet clothes, fungus on the walls, disgusting heavy traffic, clogged drains, and lots of floor-mopping to do are sure stuff that one would want to avoid any day!