The moment fall hits the corner, you rush to your local coffee shop and grab a pumpkin latte!
But if you love it so much, why don’t you take it upon yourself and try making one at home? Yes, it’s possible and that too with the authentic taste as that of your coffee shop.
Freshly brewed and spiced to perfection with hints of pumpkin and cinnamon flavors, making the best pumpkin spice latte is extremely easy.
You bet, and you probably already have most, if not everything, in your kitchen to make it right away.
Here’s what you need and the simple steps to follow for a satisfying experience making your favorite latte.
Steps to Make the Best Pumpkin Spice Latte
Things you’ll need:
- Pumpkin puree – 2/3 cup
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Pumpkin spice powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – 2 cups
- Brewed coffee – 1/2 cup
Step 1. Heat water in a pan
- Heat about 1/3 cup of water in a pan.
Step 2. Blend in the sweet and the spicy
- Add 1/3 cup of sugar to the water and stir.
- Blend a pinch (1/2 teaspoon) of pumpkin spice powder into the sugar syrup.
Step 3. Infuse the essence of vanilla
- Brew up your sugar syrup with the flavor of vanilla. Add about 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence to the syrup.
Step 4. Add the core ingredient
- Add 2/3 cup of pumpkin puree to the sugar syrup.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
Step 5. Boil, simmer and pour
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- After it starts to boil, turn the heat down a bit and let it simmer for 5 minutes until the mixture acquires a thick consistency.
- Turn the heat off and pour the mixture into a Mason jar or cup.
Step 6. Mix in the milk and coffee
- Add 2 cups of milk and 1/2 cup of brewed coffee to the pumpkin syrup.
- Stir well to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
- Top it with some fresh cream or a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
- Drizzle with cinnamon powder and enjoy your latte with love.
- You can refrigerate the pumpkin latte and serve a colder version over ice.
- This latte tastes best made with whole milk. But for the health-conscious and the vegans, you can use skim milk or a non-dairy variety like almond milk, coconut or soy milk.
- If you do not have pumpkin pie spice handy, you can easily make one. Just mix together 1 tablespoon each of cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg and clove powders.
- To make a foamy top on your latte, carefully transfer the mixture into a blender container and blend for 1 minute.