A warm cup of matcha green tea is not the only way to work this healthy beverage into your diet. You can swap that steaming cup of coffee or can of soda with a glass of iced matcha green tea just as easily. You can also add a lemonade twist to your iced tea to shake things up a bit.
Matcha green is the latest color of health and fitness. From dieticians to health and fitness advisors, these days everyone seems to be singing praises for matcha green tea – and for good reason, too.
Matcha green tea is made from ground green tea leaves of the finest quality. This velvety green powder is a storehouse of antioxidants. A single brewed cup of matcha green tea can deliver as much antioxidants as 10 cups of basic brewed green tea.
When making iced matcha tea, lemon compliments the drink the best – both in taste as well as nutritional value. Lemon boosts the bio-vitality of the antioxidant catechins present in the matcha green tea.
Lemon also makes the tea rich in vitamin C and increases iron absorption in the body. This drink is high in fiber and low in calories and sodium.
So get ready to cool down with this healthy matcha lemonade iced tea.
Steps to Make Healthy Matcha Lemonade Iced Tea
Things you’ll need:
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Brown sugar – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – ½ cup
- Matcha green tea powder – 1 teaspoon
Step 1. Mix together brown sugar and hot water
- Start with ½ cup of brown sugar in a mixing bowl. You may also use cane sugar, but brown sugar is a healthier option.
- Pour in 1 cup of hot water.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar completely into the water.
Step 2. Add lemon juice and matcha powder
- Pour ½ cup of lemon juice into the mix. You may use freshly squeezed lemon juice for a more refreshing taste.
- Add 1 teaspoon of matcha green tea powder.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
Step 3. Pour the tea into a pitcher, add ice cubes and lemon
- Pour the tea into a glass pitcher for storing and serving.
- You can also pop the pitcher into the refrigerator to chill it.
- Add ice cubes to the pitcher as desired.
- Put some fresh cut lemon slices into the pitcher. The lemon slices will give your tea that fresh citrus flavor.
Serve the matcha lemonade iced tea in chilled glasses. Pour the matcha lemonade iced tea into chilled glasses and serve.
- The water used to make the tea should be hot but not boiling. Extremely high temperature ruins the flavor of matcha green tea. Boiling water should always be allowed to cool down before making matcha tea.
- The better the quality of the matcha green tea you’re using, the lower the brewing temperature of the water should be.
- Raw honey or stevia can also be used to sweeten the lemonade iced tea.
- You can add fresh mint leaves to your matcha lemonade iced tea. The mint flavor goes well with lemon.
- Lemon zest can also be added to this drink.
- For a fun twist, you can even add booze to your matcha lemonade.