Quinoa is all the rage these days, owing to its astounding nutritional profile. You can easily find blogs, articles and forums discussing its health benefits. While there are a lot of ways to incorporate this wonder-grain into your diet, making Quinoa Pizza Bowls is a quirky as well as delicious option.
To most people, quinoa is nothing but a health food – courtesy of the health-food fanatics prowling the Internet. While they’re generally successful in making you believe in the nutritional goodness of this pseudo cereal, they often fail to convince you that quinoa can be tasty as well. Quinoa pizza bowls are a great combination of healthy and tasty.
This recipe is also “the solution” for a big group of family or friends who like different combinations of toppings. This makes it a lot easier to cater to each person’s preferences. This recipe should easily turn out to be a favorite of kids as well as grown-ups.
Putting quinoa pizza bowls together is a lot of fun, too. It will be quite like making your own pizza with your favorite toppings, but without as much hassle. As a party snack, it will be quite a hit.
So, what are you waiting for? Get ready to dig into your own quinoa pizza bowls.
- Steps to Make Mouthwatering Quinoa Pizza
- Step 1. Put pizza sauce in a microwave-safe bowl
- Step 2. Layer quinoa on top of the pizza sauce
- Step 3. Cover the quinoa with cheese
- Step 4. Add chopped onions, sweet corn, capsicum and shredded carrots
- Step 5. Top the bowl with more shredded cheese
- Step 6. Sprinkle some chili flakes on top
- Step 7. Top off with a little capsicum and carrots
- Step 8. Pop in the microwave oven for 2 minutes and serve
- Additional Tips
Steps to Make Mouthwatering Quinoa Pizza
Things you’ll need:
- Quinoa, cooked
- Sweet corn
- Onions, chopped
- Capsicum, chopped
- Carrots, shredded
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Pizza sauce
- Chili flakes
Step 1. Put pizza sauce in a microwave-safe bowl
Cover the base of a microwave-safe bowl with 1½ tablespoons of pizza sauce. If you’re making a whole batch, put pizza sauce in the other bowls as well.
Step 2. Layer quinoa on top of the pizza sauce
Add a layer of quinoa on top of the pizza sauce. Add 2 tablespoons of cooked quinoa per bowl. Quinoa adds a touch of health to this delicious recipe.
Cook some quinoa before you start making quinoa pizza bowls.
Step 3. Cover the quinoa with cheese
Cover the quinoa with shredded Mozzarella cheese. The best thing about this recipe is that you get to use a lot of cheese in it. If you’re a cheese-lover, you’re bound to love it.
Step 4. Add chopped onions, sweet corn, capsicum and shredded carrots
Sprinkle a little chopped onions over the cheese. Onions add a strong biting flavor that can bring the dullest dish to life.
Next, add 1 tablespoon of sweet corn to the bowl. Sweet corn brightens up any combination of fresh veggies.
Add chopped capsicum and some shredded carrots, as well. Capsicum and carrots add a little crunch as well as flavor and color.
Get creative. Add veggies of your choice to the bowl. Include the toppings you usually prefer on your pizza.
Step 5. Top the bowl with more shredded cheese
Finally, top the bowl with another layer of shredded cheese. This way the veggies will be completely sandwiched between the cheese layers.
Step 6. Sprinkle some chili flakes on top
Sprinkle some chili flakes over the cheese. The chili flakes add a little heat and color to the pizza bowls.
Step 7. Top off with a little capsicum and carrots
Sprinkle a little chopped-capsicum and shredded carrots on top as a final touch. This will contribute to the color and presentation of your pizza bowls, if you’re making them for a party.
You can also repeat any layer that is your favorite.
Step 8. Pop in the microwave oven for 2 minutes and serve
Now, pop them in the microwave oven for 2 minutes.
During cooking, the cheese melts and gets thoroughly incorporated with the other ingredients.
These pizza bowls are at their best when served hot, so be sure to serve them immediately.
- If you are cooking in an oven, use an oven-safe bowl. Preheat the oven at 425° F, then place the bowl in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Feel free to go with your choice of ingredients that you would choose as toppings for a pizza.
- Ingredients like raw meats (sausage, bacon, etc.), root vegetables and mushrooms should be pre-cooked before being added to the pizza bowls.
- Depending upon the time your oven takes to preheat, set it to preheat while you’re preparing the other ingredients so that it’s ready by the time you finish putting the pizza bowls together.
- For your next get-together, you can also organize a “Make Your Own Pizza Bowls” party, where your friends can choose their own toppings.
- You can also make Quinoa Pizza Casseroles, similarly. This will allow you to add a variety of ingredients to the dish.