Think of summertime, and you are instantly reminded of beaches, pools, a tan, popsicles and of course, refreshing beverages! This season calls for thirst-quenching drinks that can help prevent the scorching heat from taking a toll on you. Mojitos have all these qualities, making it one of the most popular summer beverages.
You must have come across (or used) premade cocktail mixes in the store, but it is best to avoid these products that contain preservatives and other unhealthy ingredients. Also, nothing compares to an energizing mojito prepared with fresh ingredients.
Mojitos can actually be good for your health when made with the right ingredients. They come with some nutritional value and make the perfect rehydrating drink for the summer season.
The mango mojito recipe is a combination of several beneficial ingredients. It is a good source of antioxidants that are great for your health. It also helps in boosting immunity, supporting healthy digestion, promoting healthy skin, boosting mood and energy levels, and keeping you refreshed.
The best part is, this cool beverage is very easy to prepare. Just three simple steps and your mango mojito is ready within a few minutes.
It is an excellent summer cooler that can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike. Yes, you can skip the rum used in it and make a mango mojito mocktail for your kids as well. Here is how to make this refreshing mango mojito recipe at home.
Steps to Make Mango Mojito at Home
Things you’ll need (Serves 1)
- Mango puree – ¾ cup
- Lemon (cut into wedges) – 1
- Mint leaves – about 12
- Club soda – ½ cup
- Sugar – 1½ tablespoons
- White rum – ⅓ cup
Step1. Combine mint leaves, lemon wedges, and sugar in a tall glass & muddle them
- Put about 12 mint leaves in a tall serving glass.
- Add the lemon wedges to the glass.
- Also, add 1½ tablespoons of sugar.
- With the help of a muddler, squash and mix the ingredients well.
Step 2. Add the remaining ingredients
- Pour ¾ cup of mango puree into the glass.
- Stir the ingredients well.
- Now, add ½ cup of club soda.
- Finally, add ⅓ cup of white rum and mix everything again.
Garnish and serve your mango mojito
Top off your refreshing mango mojito with some crushed ice. Alternatively, you may put in the crushed ice before pouring the club soda and white rum into the glass.
You may also use a few mint leaves and a slice of lemon for garnishing.
Put in a straw and sip away at this amazing drink to beat the heat.
Mango: Being rich in antioxidants, bioactive compounds, fiber, vitamins (A, C and E), potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, copper and various other essential nutrients, mangoes are extremely beneficial for your health. This amazing fruit comes in over 1,000 different varieties.
It helps lower cholesterol levels, prevent heat stroke, alkalize the body, improve vision, aid digestion, boost the immune system and more. It is also believed to be useful in keeping diabetes in check and improving skin health.
This juicy, pulpy delight has quite an impressive fan following among people all over the world who eagerly await the arrival of the ‘king of fruits’ every summer.
Other than being consumed fresh and raw, mangoes are used in a variety of food preparations, preservatives, desserts, condiments and more. You can use this fruit for making ice cream, smoothies, juice, jelly, jam, marinade, pickles, candy, pie and more.
Fruit-based mojitos not only taste great, but they are also really good for you. Mangoes certainly have one of the top spots in the list of healthy and tasty fruits. In short, mangoes and mojitos are a combination you really don’t want to miss.
This delicious ingredient will add a refreshingly sweet flavor to your mojito. A mango mojito will help you remain energetic and hydrated during the hot summer season.
Mint: No mojito is complete without a handful of minty goodness. Mint is extremely versatile when it comes to culinary uses. Mint leaves can be used in dishes, beverages, and salads as well as for garnishing desserts and making chutney.
Other than its fresh flavor and aroma, this herb is also popular for offering a number of health benefits. It is a great source of vitamin C, copper, potassium, beta-carotene, magnesium and several other nutrients. It also offers antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
Mint is an age-old remedy used for treating various ailments. It is effective in treating congestion, relieving a sore throat, treating nausea, supporting digestion, treating muscle spasms and curing headaches, among other things. It is also believed to be effective in treating skin problems, maintaining oral health and promoting weight loss.
The cooling and refreshing effect of mint is an excellent addition to beverages like mojitos, lemonades, and smoothies.
Lemon: This ingredient is a part of almost every refreshing drink.No matter what part of the world you live in, chances are you’ve spent several exhausting summer days sipping on some cool lemonade.
Lemon is extensively used for skin care, hair care, healthcare, and culinary purposes. It is an excellent source of vitamin C, calcium, potassium and magnesium and also boasts of antibacterial, antioxidant, antifungal and astringent properties.
It helps balance the pH levels in the body, promote digestion, boost the immune system, control high blood pressure, combat infections, promote weight loss, boost energy levels and detoxify the body.
Lemon serves as a taste enhancer in cocktails and mocktails. Its tangy and zingy flavor is an excellent addition to any rehydrating and refreshing beverage.
- It is best to muddle the mint leaves, lemon wedges, and sugar in the serving glass first and then pour in the liquid ingredients to enhance the flavors. Use the back of a spoon for muddling if you do not have a muddler.
- Adding too much lemon or mint will spoil the taste of your mojito.
- People with a sensitive stomach should not add the mint leaves. They contain some compounds that may cause heartburn.
- Avoid using bottled lemon juice. Fresh lemon wedges are a healthier option.
- If you are making mango mojito to serve at a gathering or party, prepare the drink in a punch bowl instead of a serving glass.
- You may also use vodka instead of rum if you want to.
- If you do not have mango puree, you can use mango nectar or thick mango juice instead.
- It is always best to use crushed ice for beverages like mojitos. It helps make the drink colder and also enhances the flavor.
- If you are a fan of classic mojitos, simply remove the mango puree from this recipe.
- Play around with the recipe by adding different ingredients and flavors. Strawberries, cucumbers, and watermelons are just a few of the many ingredients you can use in cocktails.
- Another refreshing and healthy mojito recipe you could try is the rose mojito mocktail.