“Twist It. Lick It. Dunk It.” It evokes millions of childhood memories. Enjoying a handful of Oreo cookies with a tall glass of milk was the ultimate luxury.
Even when you grow up, a big slice of a decadent fudgy cake is all you need to get over a breakup or to de-stress yourself after work.
Why not combine the two to make (*drum rolls*) …… Oreo cake?!
This is perhaps the most hassle-free recipe to satiate your sweet tooth in the middle of the night. It does not require baking (*cheerful claps*). All you need to know is how to operate a microwave, and we are hoping that you do.
The recipe uses the most basic ingredients, most of which may already be in your pantry. Contain your happiness, gather your supplies and follow our 15 min Oreo cake recipe, the easiest method ever to make homemade no-bake Oreo cake.
Steps to Make 15-Min Oreo Cake
Things you’ll need:
- Oreo biscuits (cookies with the inner cream) – 30
- Milk – 2 cups
- Baking soda – ¾ teaspoon
- Grated coconut, optional – ½ cup
- Cooking oil, to grease the pan
Step 1. Grind the Oreo biscuits into a fine powder
- Put 30 Oreo biscuits in a blender.
- Pulse the blender on high until the biscuits are reduced to a fine powder.
- Spoon the powder out into a large bowl.
Step 2. Add the other ingredients and mix it into a smooth blend
- Add 2 cups of milk to the powdered Oreos.
- Add ¾ teaspoon of baking soda.
- Optionally, you can add ½ cup of grated coconut.
- Use a spatula to mix everything well into a smooth and consistent batter.
Step 3. Pour the batter into an oiled glass dish & microwave it on high for 5 minutes
- Use a pastry brush to coat the insides of a microwave-safe dish with cooking oil.
- Fill three-fourths of the dish with the Oreo batter. There should be enough room for the cake to rise.
- Microwave it on high for 5 minutes.
Step 4. Allow the cake to cool, garnish it and serve
- Let the cake cool down completely. Resting it will also allow the cake to cook completely from the inside.
- To check if your cake is done, poke a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, your cake is cooked thoroughly.
- You can either leave the cake in the same dish or invert it over a plate.
- Decorate it with Oreos, chocolate, and icing of your choice. You can also use some confetti to add color.
- Slice and serve your 15-minute Oreo cake.
- Do not microwave the cake again if you find moist spots. They will disappear as the cake cools down.
- You can also garnish the cake with chocolate ganache or whipped cream and some crushed Oreo biscuits.
- Since the cake can stick to the dish even after oiling, you can line the dish with parchment paper to invert the cake easily.
- You can also cut the cake in layers and fill the layers with buttercream icing for added flavor and a creamy texture.
- Do not transfer the cake onto a plate while it is still hot, as the cake can break easily. Wait for it to cool down completely.
- If you have a sweet tooth, you might also want to try our 5-minute chocolate mug cake and eggless brownies.
- In case you've opted a vegan lifestyle, we have just the right eggless dairy-free instant cake recipe for you.