What could be a better way to beat the heat this summer? Ice cream? Soda? Both? What about a soda ice cream? Yes, two of your favorite heat busters come together to cool you down this summer. This ice cream works like therapy to destress you this summer.
Adding a funky twist to ice cream, we will share with you today an absolutely exciting ice cream flavor to try at home. This soda-flavored ice cream is not only very tasty but also super easy to make. This bliss of an ice cream would be a favorite among everyone you serve; no one would be satisfied with just one scoop! And the best part about this recipe? Nope, not the fact that it is made from only two ingredients, but the number of flavor variations you can experiment with. How, you ask? Simple! Change the type of soda every time you make this soda ice cream.
You might be wondering how this ice cream is going to be ice cream? How will it have a creamy texture? Well, the second ingredient in today’s ice cream is condensed milk. Thus, achieving a creamy texture is quite easy. We are not adding any preservative, egg, or sugar in this recipe. You don’t even need a blender to make this awesome ice cream. How cool is that? Just whisk away the ingredients! Indulging in a bowl of refreshing treat this summer could not get any easier than this!
Let’s get to making this decadent bowl of sinfully delicious ice cream, shall we? Here's how to make soda ice cream without a machine.
Steps to make soda ice cream
Things you will need:
- Coca-Cola – 4 cups
- Condensed milk (sweetened) – 1 can (14 oz)
Single-Step Method: Whisk the ingredients in a bowl
- Pour 1 can of condensed milk in a bowl.
- Add 4 cups of Coca-Cola to the bowl.
- Whisk the two together rapidly.
- Store the mixture in the freezer for 6 hours.
Your soda ice cream is ready. As easy as that! You didn’t even need more than two ingredients and fancy equipment to make it. We hope you had fun getting to know how you can make soda ice cream without a machine. You can switch the cola with any of your favorite soda flavors, such as lime, peach, raspberry, and cherry.
Customize your ice cream by making a few tweaks:
- Whisk together 1 liter of orange soda and 2 cans of condensed milk and freeze for 6 hours for an orange soda ice cream.
- You can switch Coca-Cola with grape soda. Take two 14-oz bottles of grape soda and two 14-oz cans of condensed milk. Whisk well and freeze the mixture.
- Whip 2 cups of thick cream in a bowl until it becomes thick. Add one 14-oz can of condensed milk, and mix well. Pour half of this mixture in a container, add ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract, and stir. Cover this container and place in a freezer. To the remaining half of the mixture, add ½ cup of cola and cola concentrate. Mix and transfer to another container. Freeze this mixture as well. Remove both containers from the freezer after a couple of hours, and pour the vanilla ice cream over the cola ice cream. Drizzle extra cola syrup. Use a knife to swirl the ice cream. Cover the container and freeze for another 6 hours.
- To make a root beer soda ice cream, use root beer in place of cola in this recipe.
- For a black cherry flavor, add 4 cups of black cherry soda to 1 can of condensed milk.
- If you want a healthy twist to this ice cream, replace soda with any of your favorite fruit juice.
- You can also use the usual soda to make this soda ice cream at home.
- Blend 1 ½ cup of vanilla ice cream, 2 tablespoons of fresh cherry lime sauce, and ¼ cup of milk until you get a smooth consistency. Add 1 tablespoon of fresh cherry lime sauce to a serving glass, and pour the shake into the glass. Slowly pour cola on top of the shake. Your cherry cola milkshake is ready.
- While making ice cream at home, don’t use low-fat dairy. The solid fat content of dairy gives the homemade ice cream its rich flavor and smooth, creamy texture.
- This ice cream recipe is best when it is firm, not rock solid. Let the ice cream sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before you serve it.
- If you want a healthy ice cream, try the sugar-free cherry banana ice cream.
- For those who love peanut butter, a peanut butter banana ice cream is your perfect excuse to indulge this summer.
- Chocolate lovers need to try this banana chocolate chip ice cream. It’s healthy and delicious.
- When you want a vanilla-based ice cream, try the easy homemade vanilla ice cream. It does not require an ice cream maker, and you can play with different flavors.
- You can also whip up a decadent cherry float anytime. All you need is cherry syrup, soda, and ice cream.
- If you are living a healthy lifestyle but do not have time in the morning to prepare a good breakfast, then try one of these healthy smoothies to make your mornings healthier and guilt-free. You can have the healthy banana almond smoothie, nutritious blueberry smoothie, the exotic dragon fruit smoothie, strawberry smoothie for weight loss, the 5-minute ABC detox smoothie, the green detox smoothie to cleanse and rejuvenate, or the energy-boosting green breakfast smoothie.