College is a fun time, but girls face challenges when it comes to their looks and makeup. Every girl wants to look perfect and flaunt her flawless, glowing skin.
And then, there is the time barrier. Every student gets accustomed to sleeping late and waking up early, and getting ready for the 8 a.m. class with a pretty look becomes too much work.
Although most ladies tend to follow the ongoing trend, only a few are aware of the basics of makeup to do it right – the rest just end up overdoing their makeup.
It is better to keep your makeup routine to a minimal when you do not have enough time on your hands, and you are always getting ready in a hurry.
Guess what? You can create a perfect yet natural look in just 10 minutes and make heads turn when you enter your class or hang around in the campus. We present to you simple 10 min college makeup for girls. To save on extra time, you can follow time-saving style hacks that will enable you to get dressed quickly and make you look chic in time.
- 8 Easy Steps for Simple 10-Min College Makeup for Girls
- Tips for your daily college makeup routine
8 Easy Steps for Simple 10-Min College Makeup for Girls
We are here with a makeup routine that you will love and enjoy putting on every day, and that will allow you to still make it on time to your class.
Things you’ll need for the perfect daily makeup:
- Tinted BB Cream (for a hydrated and glowing skin)
- Concealer (choose a color that is slightly lighter than your natural skin tone)
- Compact powder
- Eyelash curler
- Clear mascara and black mascara
- Brushes (angled brush, eyeshadow brush, blush brush)
- Lip gloss or lipstick
Step 1. Apply the BB cream
Dab the BB cream on your forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, and neck with your fingers and gently spread it out evenly until it is blended all over your face. The BB cream will give the rest of your makeup something to stick to.
Make sure you blend the foundation around your neck nicely and that there is no color difference between your face and your neck.
Step 2. Conceal the dark spots and blemishes
Apply the concealer underneath your eyes, on the center line of your nose, on your chin, below the cheek contour line, in the middle of your forehead, and on any dark spot on your face or neck.
This will cover up any discoloration and blemishes. Blend it evenly on your skin to give it a smooth look.
Step 3. Set your makeup
Apply the compact powder to blend and set your makeup. Focus specifically on your T-zone, that is, your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin, as they get the shiniest.
The powder will give your face a matte look and will also help your foundation stick throughout the day.
Step 4. Shape your brows
Define the shape of your brows with an angled brush. This will help in giving them a crisp and neat look.
You may also use clear mascara gel to give shape to your brows and hold them together.
Step 5. Color your eyelids
Use a nude-colored eyeshadow and carefully sweep it on your lower eyelid with an eyeshadow brush. You should not press down too hard to avoid injuring the eye. Repeat this step a few times until the color pigment clearly appears.
You can also apply the same eyeshadow to your waterline.
Step 6. Define your eyelashes
Hold your eyelashes with an eyelash curler and swipe the mascara on the underside of your eyelashes in an upward direction. The mascara will help define your eyes and lengthen your eyelashes.
If you are not comfortable using a lash curler, you may use a clear mascara gel to prep the lashes.
Step 7. Add color to your cheeks
Choose a nude or light-pink blush and swipe it onto the apples of your cheeks using a blush brush. The blush will give a finished look to your makeup by giving your face some color.
Smiling while applying the blush helps to find the apple area of your cheeks.
Step 8. Fill in your lips
Finish the look by swiping a coat of a light neutral-shade lip gloss or lipstick to keep your makeup look natural.
And you are done with a perfect everyday college look in less than 10 minutes! Wasn’t it simple? Now, you are ready to go!
Tips for your daily college makeup routine
- Make sure your face is clean and moisturized before you apply makeup.
- Follow a basic makeup routine to keep your skin glowing and flawless.
- Learn 10 ways to use rose water for super glowing skin.
- Using your fingers to spread the foundation will give a sheer coverage, whereas using a brush will give you medium to full coverage.
- Always apply powder where you are shiniest first, that is, your T-zone, which includes your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin.
- When applying blush, smile, dust the apples of your cheeks, and then sweep the pigment towards the tops of ears.
- Giving shape to your brows will give you an instant facelift. You can give more detail to your eyebrows by learning how to do perfect eyebrows in less than 5 minutes.
- For an even lip color application, start at the cupid's bow and extend out to the corners of the mouth.
- You can use mineral water as a mist to refresh your makeup.
- If you are going to see a movie, catch up with friends out of the campus, or have a date after you finish your classes, refresh your makeup and put on a gradient and shimmer lipstick.
- Do not sleep with your makeup on. The chemicals used in makeup products can result in irritation, rashes, or breakouts. You can learn to make your own homemade makeup remover or use coconut oil.
- Read these 13 makeup hacks and tricks that every girl must know.