Are you desperately in love with someone who hasn’t got the slightest idea of your feelings?
Do you eagerly wait for him to respond? Does a single text from him make your entire day?
Are you frequently confused as to what to text him and/or how to initiate a conversation?
Well, you must have been advised already by a number of people as to what to text to your crush.
We, however, will give you guidelines and things that you should NEVER text to your crush for several good reasons!
Here is a list of 12 things you should not text to your crush.
- 1. “Are you single?”
- 2. “Why do you reply so late? What are you always busy?”
- 3. “You would love to meet my parents!”
- 4. “I really liked you in the green tee you wore last Thursday!”
- 5. “Tell me more about your ex.”
- 6. “You are way too good for me.”
- 7. “How many girls have you dated in the past?”
- 8. “I easily get attached to people and then get hurt often.”
- 9. Add emojis, but not too many!
- 10. Don’t typ lyk dis
- 11. “Hey, remember when we met on 7th July 2007, and you were decked up in a black suit? We had such a great time!”
- 12. Don’t send THAT type of texts!
1. “Are you single?”
This particular text is the biggest NO-NO of all time. This is a hint that may tell him that you’re too interested in him.
2. “Why do you reply so late? What are you always busy?”
Why do you want him to respond to your text instantly? Is he your boyfriend? Nope. Have patience. You have no right to control him, YET (lol).
You may come off as too demanding or dramatic. So save these types of questions until when you are in a committed relationship.
3. “You would love to meet my parents!”
Why? Do you already want to marry him and have your entire life planned with him? This will definitely make him feel that you are too serious and rushing things.
Slow down. Meeting the parents should happen after you establish a relationship.
4. “I really liked you in the green tee you wore last Thursday!”
Don’t freak him out, for once, please?
5. “Tell me more about your ex.”
You should never ask specific questions about his ex early in your communication with him. Also, never compare yourself with his ex.
Let him share about his past with you at his own pace so that he is more comfortable.
6. “You are way too good for me.”
Low self-esteem and self-confidence don’t really work IR. They make you look inferior - something you don’t want to happen.
7. “How many girls have you dated in the past?”
The moment you ask him this, he knows you’re interested in him. Why else would you want to know anything as insignificant as the number of girlfriends he’s had?
8. “I easily get attached to people and then get hurt often.”
Trust me, he’d empathize less and pity you more. Hope you know the thin line between the two. You may want empathy, but you need RESPECT. So do not play a victim.
Instead, choose to share what you learned from failed relationships and how it has made you better.
9. Add emojis, but not too many!
This is the most important of all. Use emojis in your texts; otherwise, your text could be misinterpreted as rude, mean, inconsiderate, or too formal.
Texting can lead to miscommunication and misunderstanding, and the only savior is emoticons!
On the other hand, using too many emojis is weird, and you’ll come off as imature, hyperactive or hyperemotional, which are discouraging too!
10. Don’t typ lyk dis
Avoid major typos and misspelled words.
You don't have to write or spell perfectly. However, too many major errors may make him think that you are not very smart.
11. “Hey, remember when we met on 7th July 2007, and you were decked up in a black suit? We had such a great time!”
Avoid referencing too many details that you may know or remember about him. Less is more.
You do not want to come off as someone who is “too” interested or even a stalker.
12. Don’t send THAT type of texts!
Keep your communication clean and classy.
Talking dirty isn’t going to fascinate a good catch (unless he is a jerk). Relax, and just be yourself.