Do you wish for a bubble bath like the one Harry Potter sank into with different colors of warm water pouring from huge faucets into the tub? We wonder if the water was colored because they had essential oils mixed in them.
We guess our pretty boy Harry definitely enjoyed that. While we may not get pampered with such luxury, we sure can do something as simple as what Julia Roberts did in Pretty Woman with Prince playing in her headphones and bubbles piling up to her ears.
How would you do that? It’s pretty easy. All you have to do it make a bubble bath soap of your own, drop it in your bathtub, run the water, and sink in to enjoy your Pretty Woman moment.
But what do you need to make your own bubble bath soap? Allow us to tell you. Because this will surely relieve your stress and relax your muscles and you’ll sleep like a baby at night.
Bubble Bath Recipe
Things you’ll need:
- Liquid castile soap - ½ cup
- Vegetable glycerin - ¼ cup
- Lavender essential oil - 10 to 15 drops
- Rose water - 1 tablespoon
Step 1. Mix all the ingredients
- Pour ½ cup of liquid castile soap into a mixing bowl.
- Add ¼ cup of vegetable glycerin to the liquid castile soap.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of rose water into the mixing bowl followed by 10 to 15 drops of lavender essential oil.
Step 2. Stir the ingredients to make a blend
- Using a hand whisker, mix all the ingredients to get a fine blend.
- Place a small funnel inside the mouth of a reusable bottle and pour the mixture into it.
To use, pour ¼ cup or more of the bubble bath mixture into the bath while the bathtub is filling with water.
The bubble bath mixture will store well for 6 months.
Refreshing Ingredients used in this Bubble Bath
This bubble bath recipe contains natural and toxin-free ingredients and no chemicals, such as liquid unscented castile soap. Castile soap is safe for babies, pets, and people with sensitive skin or skin conditions.
It can produce high-foaming lather without health risks due to its rich oil content. So, there’s no need to worry if you had problems using commercial products.
Another ingredient in this bubble bath is the vegetable glycerin, also called as glycerol. It is made from soybean, coconut, or palm oil. It is 100 % organic and can be used on sensitive skin.
It is considered a humectant as it attracts moisture and stores it in your skin, preventing dry skin, wrinkles, and fine lines. It is a great ingredient to treat oily skin and acne.
This bubble bath also uses lavender essential oil, which has the ability to eliminate nervous tension, relieve pain, and increase blood circulation. Lavender’s Latin name is lavare, which also means “to wash,” which tells about its ability to wash your stress off and relax you mentally and physically. It is also an alternative treatment for insomnia.
Both lavender essential oil and rose water have anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce skin irritation and get rid of acne and other skin conditions such as dermatitis and eczema.
Additional helpful tips
- You can also use geranium or rose essential oil if you don’t have or you prefer lavender essential oil. You can add peppermint essential to help soothe your muscles.
- Use an airtight container to store the bubble bath mixture.
- You can also include a homemade body wash to your personal care routine.
- Increase the quantity of the ingredients in the same ratio to prepare a larger batch.
- You can also try aromatic bath bombs to end your day with a relaxing soak.