Keeping in line with the awesome ice cream recipes we have been sharing with you, today we are back with another two-ingredient ice cream. We know how much you enjoyed indulging in the frozen banana ice creams. Why not take things one step higher and add one more frozen fruit to it - cherries! Everyone loves cherries. It is quite hard to not to smile when you think about them! This scrumptious cherry banana ice cream is made from nourishing ingredients, yet it tastes very rich and dreamy. How perfect would it be when you blend frozen tart cherries with frozen bananas? You will be surprised at how creamy this ice cream turns out to be.
You already know how easy it is to make different ice cream flavors from frozen banana. Bananas lend a very creamy base and an option to play with the flavor and toppings of the ice cream. However, in this ice cream, the real star of the recipe is the second fruit - cherries, the little red beauties that are considered as “super fruits.”
Cherries have melatonin, which is an antioxidant that helps regulate the heart’s rhythm and body’s sleep cycle. It is also packed with the antioxidant anthocyanin, which helps in reducing risks of heart diseases and cancer. This antioxidant also helps reduce the inflammation and swelling associated with arthritis and gout. If these health benefits aren't sufficient to goad you into trying this super awesome ice cream, then we have more reasons for you. Cherries contain vitamin A, vitamin B, and minerals like calcium and phosphorous. They have beta-carotene 19 times more than strawberries and blueberries. Cherries are a perfect post-workout snack for those who want to avoid muscle and joint soreness, especially runners and athletes in intensive training. You see, this ice cream recipe can be incorporated into your healthy lifestyle!
Let’s get on with this healthy bowl of delightful summer refreshment. Here's how you can make this sugar-free cherry banana ice cream.
Steps to Make Cherry Banana Ice Cream
Things you’ll need:
- Bananas (very ripe, sliced, and frozen) – 2 pieces
- Cherries (frozen) – ½ cup
Single-Step Method: Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend them
- Add the slices of two frozen bananas into the blender.
- Add ½ cup of frozen cherries into the blender.
- Close the lid of the blender.
- Blend the fruits well together.
- Transfer to a bowl.
You can also add ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract to this ice cream to enhance its flavor. This cherry banana ice cream is a delicious and healthy alternative to the regular store-bought ice cream.
Try playing up your cherry banana ice cream with any of these different flavors:
- Add ½ cup of freshly squeezed orange juice, ⅓ cup of raw honey or coconut sugar, and 1 ½ cups of coconut milk to the frozen bananas and cherries. Blend them well and freeze until serving time. Right before serving, blend the mixture again until you achieve a creamy texture.
- Add 2 tablespoons of almond milk to the frozen bananas and cherries, along with 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract, for a bit of a nutty flavor.
- Blend ½ cup of chocolate chips with four sliced and frozen bananas and 2 cups of pitted frozen cherries for a cherry chocolate chip ice cream.
- Combine half of an avocado, 1 cup of frozen cherries, 2 teaspoons of raw honey or maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, 4-5 tablespoons of dairy-free milk, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, a dash of sea salt, and cinnamon. Blend all these ingredients well until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Freeze and consume later or enjoy immediately.
- Combine two medium bananas (frozen and sliced), 1 ½ cups of frozen cherries, and a splash of coconut milk, almond milk, or any other non-dairy milk. Blend until you achieve a nice creamy texture. Add ¼ cup of dark chocolate and ½ cup more of cherries, pulse until well combined, and freeze for 6 hours. Top your ice cream with shaved dark chocolate, cacao nibs, raw chocolate, or your favorite chocolate dust.
- Take four frozen bananas, ⅓ cup of coconut milk, 1 small beet, ¼ cup of chocolate chunks, and 15 pieces of cherries (halved and divided). Combine all these ingredients except half of the cherries and all of the chocolate chunks. Blend until smooth. Then add the rest of the cherries & chocolate, and pulse. Freeze for an hour before serving.
- Combine ¼ cup of cherry juice, ½ cup of fat-free milk, 1 cup of vanilla low-fat yogurt, 1 cup of heavy cream, ½ cup of white sugar, a pinch of salt, 1 cup of frozen dark sweet cherries, and 2 teaspoons of almond extract in a blender. Blend until you achieve a smooth mixture with small bits of cherries. Freeze for 2 hours for serving.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of chia seeds as topping.
- Throw in a handful of berries to enhance the flavor of your ice cream.
- Add 1 tablespoon of shavings of chocolate chip that contain at least 70% cocoa before serving the ice cream.
- You can also add chopped or caramelized nuts for added flavor and crunch.
- One tablespoon of peanut butter also goes splendidly with this ice cream.
- You may also add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup if you want to add more natural sweetness to the ice cream.
- A dash of salt adds to the tart flavor of this ice cream.
- You can also use frozen blueberries and lemon zest in place of vanilla for an entirely new flavor experience.
- To freeze the cherries, remove the pits and stems. Slice the cherries and place them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Freeze them for 8 hours, preferably overnight. Remove the cherries from the freezer and transfer to a freezer-safe bag or container for long-term use.