Are you a person who has great value for time? We understand you have to rush to work/college every morning and hardly have any time or patience (should I say) to prepare a healthy meal for yourself. We know either you would rush without eating, or eat junks or snacks while on the way. You’ve arrived at the absolutely right place because we have an amazing solution exclusively for you – a meal for all 7 days of the week!
All you’d have to do is to invest 2 minutes in preparing it and a minute to drink it.
This way, you wouldn’t just stop skipping breakfast, but also would provide your body with healthy nutrition every day.
All you got to do is repeat with us: Mix, Freeze, Blend, and Drink!
Yes, just as easy as ‘Mix, Freeze, Blend, and Drink.’
Your 7-Day Plan for Easy Breakfast Smoothies
Today’s delicious recipe is of a Banana Almond Smoothie!
Banana is loaded with goodness, essential minerals, and vitamins like potassium, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron, folate, niacin, riboflavin, and vitamin B6. And you know banana is the easiest fruit to eat. You don’t even have to chew it much!
Through this healthy breakfast smoothie, your body would also get calcium, protein, and potassium from milk and fiber from peanut butter. So why wait? We know your time is money, so let’s jump into it!
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk - 1 cup
- Ripe Banana - 1
- Old-fashioned rolled oats - 1/4 cup
- Peanut butter - 2 tablespoons
- Flaxseed - 1 tablespoon
- Cinnamon powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Instructions to go about it:
Step 1. Gather your ingredients in a blender
- Slice the banana into pieces and put them in the blender.
- Pour 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk in it.
- Add 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats.
- Further, add 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds to the blender.
Step 2. Combine rest of the ingredients and blend
- Put 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Finally, add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to the mix in the blender.
- Close the lid of the blender and blend.
- Your smoothie is ready. Just pour it into a glass and add a banana slice for presentation.
Your smoothie is now ready to be served!
How is Banana Smoothie good for my health?
- Good for the heart - Potassium in Bananas helps muscles to contract and nerve cells to respond. It helps in regularizing the heartbeat and reduces the effect of sodium on blood pressure. Vitamin D present in almond milk also improves heart and immune function. Avenanthramides (antioxidant) in Oats also help by reducing blood pressure leveland by increasing the production of nitric oxide.
- Increases energy - Vitamin B and magnesium in Banana increases energy metabolism.
- Improves digestion and prevents diarrhea - Bananas bring back the lost nutrients during diarrhea. Therefore, these are the part of the BRAT diet.
- Helps with skin care - Oatmeal is used to treat dry and itchy skin. It also helps to relieve symptoms of various skin conditions, including eczema.
- A powerhouse of Nutrients - Bananas are loaded with potassium, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron, folate, niacin, riboflavin, and vitamin B6. They contribute to the proper functioning of the body and improve health.
- Prevents cancer - The vitamin E in almond milk is a powerful antioxidant that combats inflammation, stress, and prevents heart diseases and cancer.
- Strengthens bones - The high calcium content in almond milk and bananas help in strengthening bones.
- Helps fight anemia - High iron content in banana helps in curing anemia.
- Always use a banana that is both sweet and ripe for preparing smoothie. An unripe banana will taste chalky.
- You might switch water or milk for coconut milk or pineapple juice as per your taste. The options are endless. You can also learn here how to make lactose free milk at home.
- The smoothie tastes best when it’s chilled. Add chunks of ice after the smoothie is prepared.
- You can also prepare your smoothie ingredients ready to blend and store it in a zip lock baggie in advance.
- To make the smoothie sweeter, you may even add honey or maple syrup.
- If you want to substitute any fruit in the smoothie, feel free to do so. You can add pumpkin puree to the recipe for your easy pumpkin smoothie too.